• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Maxx #3 Black - Research
4 4

462 posts in this topic

I should have bought spreads #1 black last year.

Biggest bonehead move yet!

Huh? I never put it up for sale...All you did was send me pms containing low-ball offers. As much as I'd love to have Rat Queens #1....

Edited by spreads

Huh? I never put it up for sale...All you did was send me pms containing low-ball offers. As much as I'd love to have Rat Queens #1....

:roflmao:

Don't be an individual_without_enough_empathy spreads, I meant grails.

I offered a few other people probably half a dozen 9.8s and cash in case they were interested in anything. For example thief of thieves 1 in cgc ss 9.8. I was offering 9.8s and cash.

lol

Don't be an individual_without_enough_empathy spreads, I meant grails.

I offered a few other people probably half a dozen 9.8s and cash in case they were interested in anything. For example thief of thieves 1 in cgc ss 9.8. I was offering 9.8s and cash.

Ya and did anyone take you up on these fabulous offers? I'm surprised you didn't put in a special 'gotta call my manager, to get a one-time tonight-only' pm.

"Only tonight, but you have to commit to it while I'm here....I'll throw in Rat Queens #2".

I tried for a year and couldn't get one.

At one time I was offering between 500-600 on the WTB forum all cash, and to individuals up to 700-800 slabs plus cash bundles.

At this point I ended up buying other books like Spawn #1 B&W 9.8 and Spider Man #1 Platinum 9.8.

I value those two books more than the Maxx Ashcan and The Maxx is my favorite.

I've given up for now. The people who have them value them more than I do.

Edited by TXReplicant

I tried for a year and couldn't get one.

At one time I was offering between 500-600 on the WTB forum all cash, and to individuals up to 700-800 slabs plus cash bundles.

At this point I ended up buying other books like Spawn #1 B&W 9.8 and Spider Man #1 Platinum 9.8.

I value those two books more than the Maxx Ashcan and The Maxx is my favorite.

I've given up for now. The people who have them value them more than I do.

You could always buy a black #2..........

PS. My post was not to take away from the coolness that is the "A/P" black...it's definitely a special book, king of the #1 blacks, and probably the first one Sam signed. It's just that the massive rarity of the #3 blacks puts them on par with the #1.

That does make me wonder, though...were there 51 printed?

I wish I could get to the bottom of this, but Sam doesn't seem to remember, and the people involved are all scattered.

I wish someone knew what happened to them all. I can't believe they threw out the majority of the 8,000 or so copies.

Glad to see discussions on these are up and running again.

Hope to get myself a black #1 and #3 someday....won't be anytime soon though.

PS. My post was not to take away from the coolness that is the "A/P" black...it's definitely a special book, king of the #1 blacks, and probably the first one Sam signed. It's just that the massive rarity of the #3 blacks puts them on par with the #1.

I wish I could get to the bottom of this, but Sam doesn't seem to remember, and the people involved are all scattered.

I wish someone knew what happened to them all. I can't believe they threw out the majority of the 8,000 or so copies.

What's A/P?

Guest Grails

What's A/P?

The black #1 ashcan I previously owned. Instead of a number, it was signed and noted with an "AP" for Artist Proof. Sold for 2k. I don't know how many were labeled AP but it was definitely more than one since I could see the silver residue outline of another AP on the back cover.

147605.jpg.0f445c142f24a4f6caf72debbcacc809.jpg

Another boardie recently completed the entire ashcan set. Hopefully he will post them up here soon.

Whoot!!! :)

Hey there! I know you check this thread periodically..did you ever have any of the books your husband/boyfriend (?) was standing in line for at SDCC last year? I ended up right behind him in line at one time!

I think I posted elsewhere, but I was focused on MCP and Sandman...only got a single Maxx done, and that was the newsstand #1 9.6 (highest newsstand copy graded!)

lol

That's because the slab was too old.

Hey there! I know you check this thread periodically..did you ever have any of the books your husband/boyfriend (?) was standing in line for at SDCC last year? I ended up right behind him in line at one time!

I think I posted elsewhere, but I was focused on MCP and Sandman...only got a single Maxx done, and that was the newsstand #1 9.6 (highest newsstand copy graded!)

Yep, I think you and I "found" each other on this thread a few years ago. :) All of those issues were mine- I made him take the 2nd batch there the year after, so he was thrilled when I ran out of submissions. :D

Congrats on your high grade #1- I think my copy might garner a 7.8 at best.

cans_zpsyy347a3b.jpg

Recently got a submission of ashcans back from CGC...

Finally get a chance to post my yellows and blacks up....

Black ashcans purchased from Spreads last year(finally had #1 graded!)

Yellow #1 I purchased from TXReplicant...

Yelow #3 I found in the wild and submitted recently...

Edited by Snikt!1988