• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sub mariner comics #1 for sale

71 posts in this topic

It's all good to hear. I am not new to colecting comics. I've been collecting for 25 years. But I am new to CGC as I just joined two weeks ago... my first books I submitted to them which they are grading now are a Showcase #4, All American #16 and a Journey into Mystery #85.

So I am new to these boards. I have been watching them for a few weeks and everyone does seem pretty nice and best of all legit. So I don't mind the skeptisism on me as I am new here. Hopefuly over time I can gain some trust both is buying, selling and in general posts.

I do have about 20,000 comic books. Mostly silver age marvel and DC. But they are in storage for the next year and I'm hoping to get a house after this year, go through them and then list many for sale. They would take up my entire apartment right now.

So.. I just thought I'd try selling the Sub mariner book here. Maybe I should take it a little slower and buy some first, and sell some cheaper first. That is what I'm doing on Ebay right now, simply selling cheaper stuff and buying cheaper stuff and building my rating up so when I do begin selling all out next year I can be more trusted and have a better record.

But we will see. I also have a Brave and the Bold #28 in CGC 7.5 and a CAP COMICS #1 I was thinking of posting here. But maybe I should wait till the future when I am more established here.

Thanks everyone for being cool and maintaining order here. It's really good to see.

Martin

It's all good to hear. I am not new to colecting comics. I've been collecting for 25 years. But I am new to CGC as I just joined two weeks ago... my first books I submitted to them which they are grading now are a Showcase #4, All American #16 and a Journey into Mystery #85.

So I am new to these boards. I have been watching them for a few weeks and everyone does seem pretty nice and best of all legit. So I don't mind the skeptisism on me as I am new here. Hopefuly over time I can gain some trust both is buying, selling and in general posts.

I do have about 20,000 comic books. Mostly silver age marvel and DC. But they are in storage for the next year and I'm hoping to get a house after this year, go through them and then list many for sale. They would take up my entire apartment right now.

So.. I just thought I'd try selling the Sub mariner book here. Maybe I should take it a little slower and buy some first, and sell some cheaper first. That is what I'm doing on Ebay right now, simply selling cheaper stuff and buying cheaper stuff and building my rating up so when I do begin selling all out next year I can be more trusted and have a better record.

But we will see. I also have a Brave and the Bold #28 in CGC 7.5 and a CAP COMICS #1 I was thinking of posting here. But maybe I should wait till the future when I am more established here.

Thanks everyone for being cool and maintaining order here. It's really good to see.

Martin

Welcome neighbor :foryou:

Thanks Primetime - and thanks for the link Supapimp, I did read that before I posted my book for sale. The only thing I questioned was that I have the book listed for sale On Ebay, and also on Comic link btw.... but the low $ I am offering it for is only for here. I wouldn't accept that low an offer from Ebay or ComicLink buyer because of all the crazy fees. So I thought It was okay to post it here. Am I wrong?

I can easily delete it off Ebay and Comiclink right away. Or write that it sold and is no longer available on these boards. But I understand. So...

-THIS SALES IS THREAD CLOSED - NO LONGER FOR SALE ON THESE BOARDS AT SAID PRICE -

I can easily delete it off Ebay and Comiclink right away. Or write that it sold and is no longer available on these boards. But I understand. So...

-THIS SALES IS THREAD CLOSED - NO LONGER FOR SALE ON THESE BOARDS AT SAID PRICE -

:cry: :cry: :cry:

lol.. wow Dicex.. that is pretty creepy....

Yeah. I think everyone's getting sick of it.

Which means it's working. :luhv:

Adblock

*You are ignoring this dork.*

Dorkblock ^^

Dorkblock ^^

You will never ignore me, Ricketts

Dorkblock ^^

You will never ignore me, Ricketts

You know you love me, Loey. <3

Wow - I just took a nap and woke up. listen everyone. I bought this Sub mariner comic book from a coinsignemt deal from frank at Metroplois comics who I met at a comic book show many many months ago. The book is legit. YES, it is the same book which is listed on Ebay. If it is 'Mark's old copy'.. how would I know. He said on here he sold it for $11,000 a couple months ago, while I bought this one for 9,000 8 month's ago. The stories and price didnt match so I said wrong book. Geez it's not like I said I was the original owner.

I'm glad people on here try to make sure everyones legit. And I am new here and still trying to figure everything out.

The reason the pictures are different is because I moved recently from San Francisco to Fremont... from wood floors to Carpet. My Ebay address is Doudou120108 and I am legit there also.

And about the JIM that was offered to me.. sorry I didn't mean to be rude.. I couldnt find it when I searched for it and as I was searching for it I opened my mail from yesterday and realized I owe $12,000 in back taxes... so I immedietly posted the Sub comic on Ebay and on here.

Ok, then this is my old book. What Martin didn't know is that Metro brokered the deal. I thought the book had sold for $9,400 but maybe I was wrong (hence, my almost 1/3 higher comment). I had no idea who the customer was, and while the books definitely looked similar (especially that upper left corner) I figured it was not the same copy b/c the white inner well paper was prominently visible in my slab and isn't on Martin's copy.

So I guess Metro knows a secret I don't about how to move that darn well paper back into the book, or maybe everyone knows and just I don't! :pullhair:doh!

Welcome to the boards Martin. Don't let the gang dissuade you from hanging around. Once they sniff your rear they are as friendly as a big neighborhood dog that just looks mean! lol