• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hypothesis: Pressing causes long-term damage to comics
2 2

276 posts in this topic

The consensus was that pressers kick puppies.

You forgot: greedy, unethical, shady, ruining the hobby, have horns and hooves and pitchforks. I know I am missing a fe wothers. Need a little help here.

You forgot: greedy, unethical, shady, ruining the hobby, have horns and hooves and pitchforks. I know I am missing a fe wothers. Need a little help here.

Some of them are hairy too!

:D

:roflmao: I just shot coffee through my nose.

:roflmao: I just shot coffee through my nose.

it is just what I have seen....

:whistle:

lol

After reading the entire thread the prognosis was don`t worry about pressing as these books will outlive us, in other words these books will be in better shape than we will be in 20 to 50 years. this is great news as I am only interested in about getting maybe 10 to 20 books slabbed tops as just about all my reading comics have been burnt to dvd-r`s to read in the future and the 10 to 20 high grade books would be the ones worth getting slabbed. A great intelligent thread,I wish more cgc board members would discuss more intelligent threads like this then the usual did you see the latest superhero movie thread over in general or why don`t the new generation read comics thread. Outstanding and a tip of the hat to board member

fantastic_four for coming up with a brillant thread. (thumbs u

I am about to embark on reading this thread over the next few days, What was the general consensus of the thread?

That it's uncertain whether pressing causes long-term damage to comics, but that it's certain to pad the high end of the census and make some otherwise uncommon books common, and when done with global flattening takes away their off-the-rack fluffiness.

In some situations like a fold or a spine roll pressing might actually help prevent further damage. ;)

No, I don't think so, but this is what I think you mean.

You are correct. Thank you for helping to clarify my statement.

I gave you a few samples that fell right into that category! They were so distorted that I didn't think I could store them safely without a sever but not hard creased spine roll becoming permanent for example.