• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wonder Woman #5 in VG+ (4.5) Thread Closed Moved to C-Link

13 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I have been presented with the opportunity to upgrade my Wonder Woman #5 so I need to sell this beauty in order to finance the upgrade. For sale in this thread is:

Wonder Woman 5 (First Appearance of Dr. Psycho)

Condition:CGC Qualified 4.5

Reason for Qualification: Cleaned Staples

Page Quality: Off White to White Pages.

OSPG: $450 in VG+

My Price: $425 firm

This is a solid book. The cover colors are really nice and amazingly enough the green label actually (in my opinion) compliments the book really well. There are no hidden defects on the book that caused the qualification. The book grade is a solid 4.5 so I'm pricing the book at what I paid for it unslabbed when I bought it about 2 years ago. I used my collectors society coupon to have the book slabbed so I have no cost there that needs to be passed on.

Shipping and payment options: If paid for with check, money order or paypal e-check optionI will pay the price for shipping (within the United States) and insuring the book USPS Priority mail. If paying via paypal non-e0check option then Shipping will be USPS Priority Mail exact cost from zip code 02771. Insurance is required and I will split the cost of insurance with the buyer. Time payments are acceptable. Please PM me to discuss arrangements prior to posting an :takeit: so we can agree on terms.

Any questions please feel free to reach out to me with them. I am more than happy to answer them :-) This book has been the earliest issue in my Wonder Woman run for about 2 1/2 years now. I hope she finds a great home with someone who will appreciate her. First :takeit: in the thread brings her home and trumps PM's.

WonderWoman5.jpg

WonderWoman5bc.jpg

:golfclap:

If I didn't already have a copy Bill I would have snapped your hands off.

If you didn't have a copy already Andrew I would have given you first dibs (thumbs u

(worship)

2c I think they remove them, clean them and then replace them. At a convention Matt Nelson once told me he has a stash of staples from Showcase #4's that he uses when he needs to replace on a copy he's conserving. In fact I had a copy with a missing staple (production error) and he (told me he would) use one out of his stash.

Bob

I had asked about it in the restoration thread and Ze-man gave some tips on spotting it. Overall it's just scrapping the outer grime off etc. The staples were never taken out of the book. You can make out some scraping on the staples themselves when you are actually looking for it.

I found the response from Ze-man regarding how to spot cleaned staples.

To quote him "If the staples were not removed but cleaned..look for the exposed side to be cleaner the what's is sitting next to the paper. Looking at the texture of the staple at the centerfold and compare it to the exterior also helps."

Here's the link to the info to read his full response look for the time stamp of 04/30/09 10:30 PM about half way to 2/3rds down the page: Link

2c I think they remove them, clean them and then replace them. At a convention Matt Nelson once told me he has a stash of staples from Showcase #4's that he uses when he needs to replace on a copy he's conserving. In fact I had a copy with a missing staple (production error) and he (told me he would) use one out of his stash.

Bob

How does one get a stash of staples from Showcase #4??

Inquiring minds need to know!

Bob

How does one get a stash of staples from Showcase #4??

Inquiring minds need to know!

Simple. You buy em up, pull out the staples and toss the rest :insane: