• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Planet Comics and M. Whitman cover artist

127 posts in this topic

Overstreet owned the entire run of Church Planets and sold them to Geppi as part of selling the Guide and his collection. Since then I believe they have sold as a set, with Metropolis most likely to know their location.

Overstreet owned the entire run of Church Planets and sold them to Geppi as part of selling the Guide and his collection. Since then I believe they have sold as a set, with Metropolis most likely to know their location.

I recall a post where someone stated that Fischler owns the set and had a firm price of 250K on them. Could be bad information, however. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

:gossip: I contacted Metropolis about a year ago and inquired about the whereabouts of the books. Their reaction and silence to the questions spoke volumes to me. They know where they are, but aren't saying.

I recall a post where someone stated that Fischler owns the set and had a firm price of 250K on them. Could be bad information, however. GOD BLESS...

I should start saving my pennies.

:gossip: I contacted Metropolis about a year ago and inquired about the whereabouts of the books. Their reaction and silence to the questions spoke volumes to me. They know where they are, but aren't saying.

Exactly what I was looking for. You guys are awesome.

One of the most underrated artists of the gold/atom age. Here are some more...

planet72.jpg

I have that one in VF/NM or better condition! It's one of my favourites.

The other Maurice Whitman covers I have in similar grade are:

Fight 74 81 (I like Tiger Girl. She fights on the side of tigers as opposed to against wildlife as does that slut Sheena whose always killing endangered species.)

Jet Aces 3 (I always love MIG jet plane covers.)

Jumbo 149 153 155

Jungle 144

:acclaim:

Whitman had a very sophisticated and imaginative approach to composition, based on the use of diagonals to create an intensified sense of drama, coupled with use of depth of field which makes the figures leap from the page into the eye.

JumboComics15960.jpg

The Jumbo 159 is a top priority of mine.

:acclaim:

Three questions...

1. Who is Fischler?

2. Are the church Planets cgc graded?

3. Is it a 73 book set or are there gaps?

Three questions...

1. Who is Fischler?

1)Stephen Fishler, owner of metropolis comics

2)I don't think so

3)there are some solid runs, but I have seen a few MH planets so much be gaps, right (shrug)

Three questions...

1. Who is Fischler?

1)Stephen Fishler, owner of metropolis comics

2)I don't think so

3)there are some solid runs, but I have seen a few MH planets so much be gaps, right (shrug)

You can see him at the Metropolis' office in this video. http://www.syfy.com/rewind/hollywoodtreasure/1257975/

Whitman had a very sophisticated and imaginative approach to composition, based on the use of diagonals to create an intensified sense of drama, coupled with use of depth of field which makes the figures leap from the page into the eye.

PlanetComics7180.jpg

That is an awesome copy of Planet 71. It makes my copy with an 1/8" spine split at the top look kind of chumpy. I still love it though. Thanks for showing, Alanna

PlanetComics7180.jpg

That is an awesome copy of Planet 71. It makes my copy with an 1/8" spine split at the top look kind of chumpy. I still love it though. Thanks for showing, Alanna

Actually it's the same copy used to start this thread! Adamstrange's copy is better though!

PlanetComics7180.jpg

Actually it's the same copy used to start this thread! Adamstrange's copy is better though!

I like the colors on your copy as it's a bit brighter. (thumbs u

PlanetComics7180.jpg

My girlfriend loves this cover and is considering getting it done as a tattoo. It won't be any time soon, but I'll post the picture if it ever happens.

PlanetComics7180.jpg

My girlfriend loves this cover and is considering getting it done as a tattoo. It won't be any time soon, but I'll post the picture if it ever happens.

I'm not really a tattoo guy but that's all kinds of awesome.