• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Barks collection discovered in Old California! DD 4 color #300

18 posts in this topic

Just re-discovered my old collection in storage-- Up for sale are what I think are the 40 or so best copies among about 300 Barks books. Most are in 4-6.0 range.

I thought Bill (clorac) handled his Disney sale pretty well, and I will try to do the same. However I don't use PayPal, so checks or Money Orders are welcome.

I have tried to grade and price these conservatively, but offers are welcome.

It looks to me like most of you ship USPS media rate? Are there any other shipping preferences?

I'll start slow while I get used to things and then add more stuff-- any guidance is much appreciated.

First (sorry this image is so large, will make 'em smaller in the future):

Four Color #300

Grade 5.5

$100

DD300.JPG

:popcorn:

The picture size is fine. Scans are preferred. Showing the back cover helps as well. Since you are brand new and this selling thread is your first post, you may want to provide some references. And, given that you are new, I would suggest accepting Paypal so that buyers feel more comfortable about not getting scammed.

All of that said, welcome to the boards. As a Duck collector, I'll be watching your thread.

The picture size is fine. Scans are preferred. Showing the back cover helps as well. Since you are brand new and this selling thread is your first post, you may want to provide some references. And, given that you are new, I would suggest accepting Paypal so that buyers feel more comfortable about not getting scammed.

All of that said, welcome to the boards. As a Duck collector, I'll be watching your thread.

+1

+1 :applause:

I would personally like to have references before I spend any money with you. This board is a community where people come to talk about comics and related subjects. The selling portion of the board is a bonus. This is not ebay.

I think most boardies would prefer that you join in the community before you crank up a selling thread.

I would personally like to have references before I spend any money with you. This board is a community where people come to talk about comics and related subjects. The selling portion of the board is a bonus. This is not ebay.

I think most boardies would prefer that you join in the community before you crank up a selling thread.

i'd listen to this guy, he knows what he is talking about :gossip:

j

Forgive me if I view this offer with suspicion. No history on the boards whatsoever will likely get you very little action.

Yeah, my first thread was a selling one and I was trying to sell a restored FOUR COLOR #16. Needless to say, NOTHING happened. Now I understand why.

No rep = lack of consumer confidence.

Good luck though! :wishluck:

Thanks everyone for your input-- just what I was hoping for, and I appreciate your integrity and helpful advice. I have moved the collection upstate to the office where I can fire up the scanner and get more books posted soon.

Life is pretty busy nowadays, so I can't hang out on boards as much as I'd like. But I will try to be more sociable when time permits. I realize the obligation is mine.