• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone else have any "Guy Holcombe" books?
1 1

60 posts in this topic

eloquence

:o That's a mighty big word there Gator.

ask parker if I spelled it right

It might be too big even for Parker. :golfclap:

I have no problem believing that with a dictionary Parker might get it right!

:sumo:

Can you picture Parker opening a dictionary?

parker is my dictionary... at least, I would think he is, what with as many mispelled words of mine he corrects :baiting:

That is what I am hoping. I am getting teardrops forming in my eyes as I was really hoping that this book would be around in my hands for many more years..... but that is what life throws you sometimes. What do you guys really expect it to go for considering it is THE best book out there and it is much rarer than Superman #1 or Batman #1?

Best of luck with the sale, Dave. I believe you paid $700 lo, those many years ago...

With the upcoming marriage and all the press that Archie is getting, I hope they promote the s h i t out of this sale.

Gary, if you only knew how much I want to keep that book but with the wildly_fanciful_statement I am getting from the insurance company and the timing of everything else. It would have been a perfect storm financially if I had not acted. Maybe, you will come up with another one to sell me at 700.00 or so .

How are things with the shops and businesses in your neck of the woods? We are down about 9-11% for the year from last year, which compared to last year is not so great.

I'm still looking through my collection, but this is the only one I've come across so far.

wings11.jpg

Very cool book! (thumbs u

I've been contacted by Guy Holcombe's daughter, Lynn. Sounds like Mr. Holcombe sold the comics to help finance his kids' college education. She and her siblings are very interested in what the books are going for these days. I sent her a link to the Archie #1 auction so they can track it.

I love making connections like this. It just brings the collection alive for me, and I don't even own any of the books.

We have 7 scans in this thread so far. Only about 493 to go!

I've been contacted by Guy Holcombe's daughter, Lynn. Sounds like Mr. Holcombe sold the comics to help finance his kids' college education. She and her siblings are very interested in what the books are going for these days.

............tell her if she had them today she and her siblings could put their kids thru college

29 minutes ago, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

This thread is over ten years old but a Guy Holcombe just showed up in the current All Star Collection thread. Maybe @Ghastly542454 can post it here.

I saw that too. A very nice Guy Holcombe All Star 10!

11 minutes ago, Frisco Larson said:

I remember it being you Ricky who had the first Holcombe book that I ever saw. Can't remember what specific book, but probably a Timely.

It was an early USA, 2 or 3. I may have sold it to Billy.

50 minutes ago, Frisco Larson said:
2 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

It was an early USA, 2 or 3. I may have sold it to Billy.

That's so cool that you remember that! I think he still has all of his USAs too. 

Nope. He sold them.

45 minutes ago, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

I was looking at the picture on page 1. What happened on the upper left spine??

It looks like there was some tape there with overlaying color touch up. All of that was scraped away.