• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman #428 CGC 9.8 How much would it cost my bank?
1 1

71 posts in this topic

A Batman #428 CGC 9.8 sold on ebay just this week for $255. I was sooooooo tempted to buy it. I sold two last year for $661 and $550.

There are 19 universals on the census. I doubt that, unless more show up, you'll be able to get another one for that price. I imagine most of them have gone into the hands of collectors by now.

Damn Glad! My bro bought that lot for my B-day--think they would put a 9.8 up for a pic but they did a 426 cgc 9.6 cool! I NOW HAVE MINE! found out 14 min after this post! Thought I never get one

Edited by Hillbill

......?

Can someone provide a Hick to English translation of this post for me...?

I KID, I KID!

But seriously, say that again in English. :)

Sorry I was talking in my Hillybill speak, I ment to say I won that auction with Heritage, (well my brother did) and I got my 428 9.8 for less than 175 bucks, with a 9.6 426 to boot.

......?

I KID, I KID!

Sorry I was talking in my Hillybill speak, I ment to say I won that auction with Heritage, (well my brother did) and I got my 428 9.8 for less than 175 bucks, with a 9.6 426 to boot.

Have you ever gone by the name Hill Billy on here? hm

......?

I KID, I KID!

Ah nope, Ilke I said from my previous posts, I just started collecting from a 15 year break. I use to play MMORPG's and Hillbill was always my toons name. I only found out about this place because I hate buyin' stuff from E-bay, and you guys seem umm, more close knit.

......?

I KID, I KID!

Ah nope, Ilke I said from my previous posts, I just started collecting from a 15 year break. I use to play MMORPG's and Hillbill was always my toons name. I only found out about this place because I hate buyin' stuff from E-bay, and you guys seem umm, more close knit.

I was just kidding about the hill billy. I'm very new here too. Lots of great info on here. Lots of good people on here too that look out for eachother

......?

I KID, I KID!

That's great! That's a very, very good price for this book.

It's rare, but books have been known to be downgraded on a reholder. Very doubtful that happened but it's a possibility. In fact it would carry more weight as I can't see many people returning the label if they were going to SS the book, they'd more than likely just bin it.

Well.....CGC used to offer slab credit to witnesses who turned in labels...but they stopped that as of May. Witnesses may still turn in labels as a matter of habit, or just because they want to keep the census clean.

But it most definitely could have been a downgrade, too.

Could also have been someone shooting for a potential PQ upgrade? 9.8 ow/w sent in for a try at white pages. Got whammied and lost a grade.

But, SS is definitely more likely.

Could also have been someone shooting for a potential PQ upgrade? 9.8 ow/w sent in for a try at white pages. Got whammied and lost a grade.

Great point. I for one would never resub a 9.8 just for a PQ bump! I can live with OW/W pages no problem on a pre-90's book.