• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman #428 CGC 9.8 How much would it cost my bank?
1 1

71 posts in this topic

It's funny...someone was selling a Bats #428 for a BIN of $259. Noting the severe downward trend in these books, I offered the guy $200...noting that TWICE in the last three months, the book has sold for less than that on Heritage.

The guy got snooty, suggested I "check out gpanalysis.com for real offers"...then accepted an offer of $220.

Which I would have paid.

Douches galore.

Well.....CGC used to offer slab credit to witnesses who turned in labels...but they stopped that as of May. Witnesses may still turn in labels as a matter of habit, or just because they want to keep the census clean.

But it most definitely could have been a downgrade, too.

The census is such an important part of the overal service & value that CGC offers. It seems incredibly short-sighted not to do as much as possible towards keeping the census clean! :o There really should be a tempting bounty paid on the labels from books that are freed from slabs. I don't get why they don't get it! (shrug)

Well.....CGC used to offer slab credit to witnesses who turned in labels...but they stopped that as of May. Witnesses may still turn in labels as a matter of habit, or just because they want to keep the census clean.

The census is such an important part of the overal service & value that CGC offers. It seems incredibly short-sighted not to do as much as possible towards keeping the census clean! :o There really should be a tempting bounty paid on the labels from books that are freed from slabs. I don't get why they don't get it! (shrug)

Well...you have a point....and I agree with you, in theory....but...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=4&Number=3394190&Searchpage=1&Main=168663&Words=handwringing&topic=0&Search=true#Post3394190

Why should they decrease what is almost certainly a tight profit margin by paying people to send in labels? What is so hard about understanding that the census shows the maximum number of possible available slabbed copies? The percentage that it is off should be a factor of how valuable the book is (crack and re-sub) plus the desirability for its inclusion in the Sig. Series (a different kind of crack and re-sub)

prices are down yes, but what if the same S.O.B. is buying all the issues? Then he knows he aint that stupid. Yet again he knows GPA dont mean poop. Right?

What I mean is if he is buying all the issues then waits a year or four,,,, bam he makes a million. it will happen how many of you still own a 9.8?

Edited by Hillbill

prices are down yes, but what if the same S.O.B. is buying all the issues? Then he knows he aint that stupid. Yet again he knows GPA dont mean poop. Right?

What I mean is if he is buying all the issues then waits a year or four,,,, bam he makes a million. it will happen how many of you still own a 9.8?

There is one S.O.B who already owns most of them ;)

prices are down yes, but what if the same S.O.B. is buying all the issues? Then he knows he aint that stupid.

:whistle:

Yet again he knows GPA dont mean poop. Right?

I don't own A 9.8, no....

;)

IMG_1581.jpg

IMG_1581.jpg

You know I want one, you know I need one, and you know that if there was a graemlin down on his knees clasping his hands together and downright begging, I'd post it.

So what you gonna do about that?

IMG_1581.jpg

You know I want one, you know I need one, and you know that if there was a graemlin down on his knees clasping his hands together and downright begging, I'd post it.

So what you gonna do about that?

You have one coming! It SHOULD have been there by now!

Grrrr.

And you know what? The one you're getting isn't even in this picture!

:)

Sorry, the title of the thread was Batman #428, I'm getting a #427 from you :gossip:

I think anyway, I can't remember anymore :insane:

It'll be here soon don't worry. I had a package through from Jeff last night so they're starting to trickle through at last.

Sorry, the title of the thread was Batman #428, I'm getting a #427 from you :gossip:

Oh...you had quoted the 427 picture, so naturally I assumed...

;)

I think anyway, I can't remember anymore :insane:

It'll be here soon don't worry. I had a package through from Jeff last night so they're starting to trickle through at last.

Yes, it's a #427 you'll be getting, with a rare CGC error variant label.

And at the prices #428 is getting these days, I'm holding on to mine, and am in "buy and hold" mode. Bleagh. Thank God I sold a set last year.

And at the prices #428 is getting these days, I'm holding on to mine, and am in "buy and hold" mode. Bleagh. Thank God I sold a set last year.

But you know you love me enough to sell me #428 for somewhere near GPA at the moment.