• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,201 posts in this topic

He got back with me and I am posting it,he explained himself with a pm ..personally my dad is slowly passing away and has weeks or less left to live trying my best to stay strong but..his pm hit me hard and I cried because of his post.

"Hey bud.  My grandmother passed away this late January and I haven’t been in the mood to deal with comics let alone anything else in my life.  She raised me growing up while my mom worked two jobs to make ends meet.  I’m gradually getting back into the hobby and I know she is looking down on me wanting me to be happy.  And she knows how much I love colllecting comic books.  If the book is still avail, please send me your PP address asap.  I will pay for what I had initially promised.  Sorry for keeping you in the dark.  Hope all is well on your end.  Take care and God Bless."

9 minutes ago, comicsyte95 said:

He got back with me and I am posting it,he explained himself with a pm ..personally my dad is slowly passing away and has weeks or less left to live trying my best to stay strong but..his pm hit me hard and I cried because of his post.

"Hey bud.  My grandmother passed away this late January and I haven’t been in the mood to deal with comics let alone anything else in my life.  She raised me growing up while my mom worked two jobs to make ends meet.  I’m gradually getting back into the hobby and I know she is looking down on me wanting me to be happy.  And she knows how much I love colllecting comic books.  If the book is still avail, please send me your PP address asap.  I will pay for what I had initially promised.  Sorry for keeping you in the dark.  Hope all is well on your end.  Take care and God Bless."

(((Chris)))) so sorry, and I'm sorry for him as well. I hope both of you can put this minor bump in the road behind you and concentrate on more important things. I wish you, your Dad and your family the easiest time possible, I know what you are going through. I'm sure that sadly, many of us do.

Just a note that Mikeggg contacted me this week wanting to make amends after I nominated him for the probation list on 6/14/2015.  He made things right by me monetarily and apologized for the transgression after only four years of waiting for it.

I have no further problem concerning my previous dealings with Mikeggg (who shows up in my PM box as user "Deadtimes")... and if no one else has any outstanding issues with him, I assume someone can remove him from the PL list as I am not on here in any real capacity anymore other than a sale every month or so.  Below is link to the PL nomination in question...

17 hours ago, Bio-Rupp said:

Just a note that Mikeggg contacted me this week wanting to make amends after I nominated him for the probation list on 6/14/2015.  He made things right by me monetarily and apologized for the transgression after only four years of waiting for it.

I have no further problem concerning my previous dealings with Mikeggg (who shows up in my PM box as user "Deadtimes")... and if no one else has any outstanding issues with him, I assume someone can remove him from the PL list as I am not on here in any real capacity anymore other than a sale every month or so.  Below is link to the PL nomination in question...

I guess this comes under the "better late than never" category, but its always good have one less on the list. I will remove him this weekend. 

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 4:22 PM, Bio-Rupp said:

As per Rupp's wishes I have removed mikeegg from the PL

If I have missed any additional nomination at the time of his first going on the PL please post here. 

20 hours ago, Real Elijah Snow said:

NormdaMarine Committed to buy an Evil Ernie #1 cgc 8.5 from my sale's thread over a month ago and has not paid nor is he responding to PMs. 

Sorry you got burned.  Are you nominating him for the PL?  If so did you send a PM informing him of such?  You also need to create a seperate thread in this forum for the nomination with the details.

38 minutes ago, MustEatBrains said:
20 hours ago, Real Elijah Snow said:

NormdaMarine Committed to buy an Evil Ernie #1 cgc 8.5 from my sale's thread over a month ago and has not paid nor is he responding to PMs. 

Sorry you got burned.  Are you nominating him for the PL?  If so did you send a PM informing him of such?  You also need to create a seperate thread in this forum for the nomination with the details.

@Real Elijah SnowHis I'll take it in the thread shows for May 31 so your 30 days are not yet up, but it does appear he was last on Saturday and so should be aware of your messages. 

Perhaps @NormdaMarine can post here or answer your PMs and get this settled before making a nomination necessary. 

On 6/26/2018 at 10:16 AM, Real Elijah Snow said:

That would be nice. It's nothing personal obviously. He just needs to pay. There were a couple of others that were interested in the book, and as said, he's just been ignoring my messages. 

I'll give it until Monday; then message/thread/nomination.

Paid and PM sent

lighthouse posted in the thread below. Is that the same lighthouse that has been on the probation list since 2007?

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/432982-post-the-phrase-you-know-that-makes-you-an-old-time-boardie/?page=12

Edited by Jerkfro

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 4:58 AM, 1p36DSA said:

He has been claiming books left and right since the pm was sent and has been doing this for the past 9 days now...

I am having the same problem (with a different boardie), a heavy-hitter in the Golden Age marketplace who continues to drop big money left and right in the GA Marketplace for months on end all the while ignoring my latest PM (after apologizing profusely for his late payment defaults).

So I share your frustration...

Edited by sacentaur

30 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

I am having the same problem (with a different boardie), a heavy-hitter in the Golden Age marketplace who continues to drop big money left and right in the GA Marketplace for months on end all the while ignoring my latest PM (after apologizing profusely for his late payment defaults).

I think it's a lesson for all of us.

I think as someone said in another thread, established guidelines for payments probably need to be discussed before the sale.

p.s. I'm way slow as a seller sometimes but I always keep open the lines of communication with updates, etc.

I'm super flexible in terms of expecting payment & time payments. I just need communication. Something.. tangible. Payments, whatever it is.

Just a simple message can go a long way.

Edited by TheFifthHorseman

49 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

Harsh.

59 minutes ago, TheFifthHorseman said:

I think it's a lesson for all of us.

I think as someone said in another thread, established guidelines for payments probably need to be discussed before the sale.

p.s. I'm way slow as a seller sometimes but I always keep open the lines of communication with updates, etc.

I'm super flexible in terms of expecting payment & time payments. I just need communication. Something.. tangible. Payments, whatever it is.

Just a simple message can go a long way.

Exactly - as a "hobby", sometimes I tend to be too lax with things and rarely it comes back to haunt me. Unfortunately this is one of those times.