• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,201 posts in this topic

Why would anyone get a money order from anywhere other than the USPS? *scratches head* 

Those are pretty legit. I've been slacking lately, but I used to specify that I would accept USPS Money Order for payment. Maybe I should stop accepting them altogether? Unfortunate situation there. 

Money orders were such a common method of payment in the early days of eBay that I didn't think much of it when listing it as an acceptable method in my sales rules. I can't, however, remember the last time I actually received one. Maybe they're more trouble than they are worth now. 

10 hours ago, Lucid Enigma said:

One of the options I gave him. Asked him for his address to send it back to him since I lost the return address when he sent it. But unsurprisingly, he avoided and completely ignored this solution

It's either a scam or someone's having a bit of fun at your expense. Rip it up and relist the item.

11 hours ago, newshane said:

Why would anyone get a money order from anywhere other than the USPS? *scratches head* 

Those are pretty legit. I've been slacking lately, but I used to specify that I would accept USPS Money Order for payment. Maybe I should stop accepting them altogether? Unfortunate situation there. 

I didn't even know that USPS deals in money orders. I worked for CVS/pharmacy for 5 years, and many, many people use MoneyGram to pay rent. I've only ever used them to post a deposit on my apartment. I only ever bought a certified check once.

On 10/25/2018 at 8:48 PM, Lucid Enigma said:

Exactly. 

And actually he didn't send me a PO money order, but a moneygram

Not that it's totally indicative of character, but what's the post count of this person?  If it's somebody that's established here, I'd be more willing to take a chance.  If they're new, not so much.

11 hours ago, Gsims718 said:

Just an FYI, I can’t put him on the probation list.  But so you know who you’re dealing with, this is 1p36DSA on the boards.

75C28C4B-9AB3-4702-AC54-7369FAB4D3B7.jpeg

I dealt with him on a recent sales thread here. I had listed an issue for 1300 and he came out with a PM that said "based on recent sales and a 10% reduction for not listing on Ebay I offer 975. This offer expires in 5 hours.."

It was very pretentious.

12 hours ago, ajbeck21 said:

I dealt with him on a recent sales thread here. I had listed an issue for 1300 and he came out with a PM that said "based on recent sales and a 10% reduction for not listing on Ebay I offer 975. This offer expires in 5 hours.."

It was very pretentious.

LMFAO.

Ultimatums and deadlines are definitely incentives for sellers to be receptive of your discounted price... Not. I would sell a book (or anything) for less to someone with class and manners.

I think these poor manners stem from never working in the customer service field. You really learn to appreciate (and use) manners and respect when dealing with nice people vs b-holes.

I am far from a "nice" person but I will be on my best behavior when trying to get something for a discounted price. Whether it's because I value it for less, or just don't have the budget close enough, doesn't matter. Sellers are people, too.

1 hour ago, TwoPiece said:

LMFAO.

Ultimatums and deadlines are definitely incentives for sellers to be receptive of your discounted price... Not. I would sell a book (or anything) for less to someone with class and manners.

I think these poor manners stem from never working in the customer service field. You really learn to appreciate (and use) manners and respect when dealing with nice people vs b-holes.

I am far from a "nice" person but I will be on my best behavior when trying to get something for a discounted price. Whether it's because I value it for less, or just don't have the budget close enough, doesn't matter. Sellers are people, too.

That's exactly how I took it. I was actually willing to negotiate to a slightly higher price and offered something close. His response was simply "good luck with the sale." It was as if he thought because he had money he could treat people as if they were nothing. His name is a reference to a chromosome disorder and an organization that studies it. I figure he must be someone who makes decent money and carries a god syndrome because of it. Sometimes the worst kind of people. 

On 12/18/2018 at 10:59 AM, MadJimJaspers said:

That's exactly how I took it. I was actually willing to negotiate to a slightly higher price and offered something close. His response was simply "good luck with the sale." It was as if he thought because he had money he could treat people as if they were nothing. His name is a reference to a chromosome disorder and an organization that studies it. I figure he must be someone who makes decent money and carries a god syndrome because of it. Sometimes the worst kind of people. 

I say if you ever find yourself dealing with that dimwit again, tell him you'll accept his offer just as soon as Cody Parkey makes another field goal in the playoffs.  As a pragmatic Bears fan, I thought the end of the Eagles game was funny.  But something tells me Mr. "dabearsfamily" will stroke out over a message like that. 

On 12/17/2018 at 9:26 AM, Gsims718 said:

Just an FYI, I can’t put him on the probation list.  But so you know who you’re dealing with, this is 1p36DSA on the boards.

75C28C4B-9AB3-4702-AC54-7369FAB4D3B7.jpeg

Isn't that the same goofball that would go into sales threads and announce what a great deal somebody just got because the seller sold a book below market value?  

On 12/18/2018 at 11:59 AM, MadJimJaspers said:

I'm pretty sure he has a kid with that chromosomal disorder.  Not that having a special needs kid excuses bad behavior, but I am pretty sure that is why he has that as his name and avatar.

2 hours ago, seanfingh said:

I'm pretty sure he has a kid with that chromosomal disorder.  Not that having a special needs kid excuses bad behavior, but I am pretty sure that is why he has that as his name and avatar.

If that is the case, then I regret my assumption.