• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Good Morning,  I'm  here  to  nominate  EmilC  for probation.  

He  bought  a nice  stack  in  my  last  thread  in  early  March,  I  sent  his  invoice   the  day  after  the  thread  ended,  and  haven't  heard
a thing  since.  Invoice  sent  March  19th.  He  seems to  have  dropped out of  sight  since  then,   with  only  one   visit  since,  on  March 31st

Sent his  notification   on  April  25th,   haven't   heard  anything,  but  he's  been  MIA  for  five  weeks now. 

Hope  everything's okay,  but  I would  like  to  hear  from  him,  even  if it's just  to   cancel  the  transaction.  I have  $245  worth of books  sitting  here
in limbo,

That begs the question,   how long  do  I  need  to  let  these  lie  fallow  before  I  can  say  "DONE",  and  toss  them  back  into  my  show  inventory?

First  time  I've  done this,   do  I  need  to  post  linkys  to  my  invoice  thread   and notification  thread?

1 hour ago, catrick339 said:

Good Morning,  I'm  here  to  nominate  EmilC  for probation.  

He  bought  a nice  stack  in  my  last  thread  in  early  March,  I  sent  his  invoice   the  day  after  the  thread  ended,  and  haven't  heard
a thing  since.  Invoice  sent  March  19th.  He  seems to  have  dropped out of  sight  since  then,   with  only  one   visit  since,  on  March 31st

Sent his  notification   on  April  25th,   haven't   heard  anything,  but  he's  been  MIA  for  five  weeks now. 

Hope  everything's okay,  but  I would  like  to  hear  from  him,  even  if it's just  to   cancel  the  transaction.  I have  $245  worth of books  sitting  here
in limbo,

That begs the question,   how long  do  I  need  to  let  these  lie  fallow  before  I  can  say  "DONE",  and  toss  them  back  into  my  show  inventory?

First  time  I've  done this,   do  I  need  to  post  linkys  to  my  invoice  thread   and notification  thread?

If your intent is to have him put on the list you need to send him a separate message informing him of that.  Once that is sent he gets I think another 3 days to respond and close the deal.  If not you need to start a thread in this section with the nomination then up on the PL he goes.

You can be “done” with it now and put those up for sale as more than enough time has passed.  If you go this route you can’t nominate for PL.  Depends on whether you want to wait a few more days and have him publicly shamed.

7 hours ago, MustEatBrains said:

If your intent is to have him put on the list you need to send him a separate message informing him of that.  Once that is sent he gets I think another 3 days to respond and close the deal.  If not you need to start a thread in this section with the nomination then up on the PL he goes.

You can be “done” with it now and put those up for sale as more than enough time has passed.  If you go this route you can’t nominate for PL.  Depends on whether you want to wait a few more days and have him publicly shamed.

Thanks  Brains,   his  separate  notification  was sent  April 25,  5 weeks after the original  invoice. I waited another ten days before posting  this. Looks like the last thing  I  need  to  do is start  a new  thread then,  with the nomination.  
Honestly I don't  care if he  gets  added to the  PL  or not,  but it seems to be  the proper procedure to follow to  get the word out that he's not  taking care of business. 

On 1/24/2019 at 4:13 PM, skypinkblu said:

They do have a special needs child.

How is this in anyway relevant? 

3 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Been slow since May... 

Either people are behaving better or the boards are becoming lax... 

I think neighborhood watch on every corner helps.  

1 minute ago, comicdonna said:

Reminds me of one of the first times I ever took the train / subway to Yankee Stadium.  This is back in the 90's.  I accidentally got on the wrong train and got off the train on the opposite side of the Bronx.  This is WELL before there were cell phones let alone GPS on a phone.  

I said to myself, it can't be that bad, I will walk across the Bronx. 

Whoa, was I wrong... 

except for this one little area where there was no graffiti, there were actual lawns, and there was an old man wearing a member's only type jacket sitting in a vinyl strapped lawn chair with a hat and a cane next to him on the corner of that block.  He called out and asked me where I was going.  When I told him, he looked me up and down and told me to go down his block and around and never to head in the direction I was going ever again. 

I made it to Yankee Stadium that day and never forgot that man. 

Moral of the story?  Always appreciate the neighborhood watch.  They keep the lawns green where they otherwise wouldn't be. 

3 minutes ago, comicdonna said:
7 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Been slow since May... 

Either people are behaving better or the boards are becoming lax... 

Probably because the boards have become a bunch of old pervs selling pro-code whoor books to each other, in an endlessly upward spiraling price cycle. 

Where the elite meet to sniff each other's feet.

Just now, lizards2 said:

Probably because the boards have become a bunch of old pervs selling pro-code whoor books to each other, in an endlessly upward spiraling price cycle. 

We have a for sale section? I basically stopped looking there... I like the old boards of view all and have never been able to move past it. 

16 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Absolutely, and I'm sitting on a box full of obscure GGA books, just waiting to cash in:

"Zoomba the Jungle Girl….Half Savage! All Woman!"

Payment by blank cheque only please. And thank you! 

5 minutes ago, crassus said:

Absolutely, and I'm sitting on a box full of obscure GGA books, just waiting to cash in:

"Zoomba the Jungle Girl….Half Savage! All Woman!"

Payment by blank cheque only please. And thank you! 

(Jugs*bondage rope) / [(date of publication) * (shade of red in dress)] /[10 cents] = $$$

5 hours ago, lizards2 said:

Hey, now....."bunch" seems a tad harsh.

:shy:

So, in light of current PL discussions going on ...

I've never had to nominate someone, but I have two non-paying buyers from my last sales thread.  One is going through a major life-event and mentioned as such, but they have been reading PM's and have gone silent.  The other hasn't even been on the boards since June 10th, and my PM asking if my intial invoice (which they had read) had gotten through to them is still unread as of today.  Neither transaction is for anything resembling a large amount, and I do have "returns are accepted for any reason" as part of my sales thread rules (though I'm questioning changing that in light of a return, but that's a different story altogether. :ohnoez:).

So, what to do?  If someone doesn't follow through on a transaction, then I would 100% want to let the community know -- but in light of the "return no matter what" stance, I could as easily see either party pay for the books, I ship them out, and then they immediately return them (which shipping is on them, but still a lot of trouble to go through on my end).  Like I said, I haven't dealt with a non-payer before, so this is newer ground for me,

2 hours ago, ChiSoxFan said:

I've never had to nominate someone, but I have two non-paying buyers from my last sales thread.  One is going through a major life-event and mentioned as such, but they have been reading PM's and have gone silent.  The other hasn't even been on the boards since June 10th, and my PM asking if my intial invoice (which they had read) had gotten through to them is still unread as of today.  Neither transaction is for anything resembling a large amount, and I do have "returns are accepted for any reason" as part of my sales thread rules (though I'm questioning changing that in light of a return, but that's a different story altogether. :ohnoez:).

So, what to do?  If someone doesn't follow through on a transaction, then I would 100% want to let the community know -- but in light of the "return no matter what" stance, I could as easily see either party pay for the books, I ship them out, and then they immediately return them (which shipping is on them, but still a lot of trouble to go through on my end).  Like I said, I haven't dealt with a non-payer before, so this is newer ground for me,

If a buyer never paid then it's not a return. 

18 minutes ago, Red84 said:

If a buyer never paid then it's not a return. 

I understand that.  Just questioning aloud whether it'll be worth it to actually do a PL nomination when, if they don't want to fulfill the transaction, they can simply return everything per my thread guidelines.  I would normally write it off as a lost sale(s), but I don't want to not alert the community as to what happened, since we owe it to each other to keep one another informed. 

I had the same thing happen not long ago for about the same amount of time.  I had others interested in the book so told them they had 24 hours to respond AND pay or I was going to sell it to someone else.  Also added a few extra thoughts I had as well just to make a point.  They contacted me almost immediately.

2 minutes ago, ChiSoxFan said:

I understand that.  Just questioning aloud whether it'll be worth it to actually do a PL nomination when, if they don't want to fulfill the transaction, they can simply return everything per my thread guidelines.  I would normally write it off as a lost sale(s), but I don't want to not alert the community as to what happened, since we owe it to each other to keep one another informed. 

Very true. They could technically pay and immediately request a refund.

You could post "____ agreed to purchase ___ book and never paid. While I think this is PL worthy my individual rules permit a return for any reason and therefore the buyer could just demand a return should I choose to nominate him. I have chosen to alert to the community so that everyone can be aware of ____'s conduct."

Nominate them, make them go through the "hassle" of paying you for the books and paying for return shipping if they choose to go that route and want to be removed.

If I understand it correctly only one has been in contact pleading circumstances, the other has simply disappeared? Is that right?