• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,202 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, wombat said:

Not sure if this is possible, but could polls be limited to accounts that have been active for a certain period of time? In all honestly even if the account was real, would we really want someone to have a say in a poll like this that just registered?

I am not sure it could be done if they are anonymous like this one, because I think we'd have to look at them manually..

3 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

I didn't vote, I said I was waiting until the end, but I was too busy chasing nonsense.

However, in the manifest, THIS made me sad.

My father has no idea this is even going on and could care less-this"

I'm still hoping someone who knows him contacts his father, he obviously needs help. 

Yes it is very unfortunate. Internet problems get finally only internet solutions, banning, lists, block or ignore. The real problem that this person has can only be helped with real time intervention by people who care enough about him to help him. Let us hope that he has those people somewhere. 

5 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

I am not sure it could be done if they are anonymous like this one, because I think we'd have to look at them manually..

I've always thought these polls shouldn't be anonymous, but I realize that is probably not a popular idea. 

4 minutes ago, wombat said:

I've always thought these polls shouldn't be anonymous, but I realize that is probably not a popular idea. 

I don't see that anonymous would work in the future, since shills are obviously an issue.

I think there is a way to have it anonymous until the end, then reveal the posts, but I don't know enough about it.  maybe someone with a more technological  background than I have would know.

Also hoping not to have to do this in the future

4 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I don't see that anonymous would work in the future, since shills are obviously an issue.

I think there is a way to have it anonymous until the end, then reveal the posts, but I don't know enough about it.  maybe someone with a more technological  background than I have would know.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. 

6 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

I didn't vote, I said I was waiting until the end, but I was too busy chasing nonsense.

I'm still hoping someone who knows him contacts his father, he obviously needs help. 

Where is this manifesto?  

1 hour ago, skypinkblu said:

When creating a poll, there is a box you can check or uncheck. 

It simply says "Make voter names public?"

That's the only thing I see regarding options for it......so, I'm guessing a poll is either public or anonymous from start to end.

I wouldn't mind if they were public in the future.  The only reason I did this one as an anonymous poll is because that's how the prior nomination polls have been done.

2 hours ago, skypinkblu said:
2 hours ago, wombat said:

I wouldn't mind these polls being public.  I have nothing to hide.

32 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

When creating a poll, there is a box you can check or uncheck. 

It simply says "Make voter names public?"

That's the only thing I see regarding options for it......so, I'm guessing a poll is either public or anonymous from start to end.

I wouldn't mind if they were public in the future.  The only reason I did this one as an anonymous poll is because that's how the prior nomination polls have been done.

So you can't edit it? That was what I was thinking, that maybe it could be private and then be edited to be public.

8 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

I'm a proponent of the idea that human development occurs as a result of nature and nurture.  In this case, it wouldn't shock me to find that Dylan's behavior is partially a result of how he was raised.  As a result, I have little faith that his parental figures would view his behavior as out of line as in some small regard, he likely learned it from them.  This is me taking the pessimistic view.  I don't know Dylan or his father and could be entirely wrong.  But I also wouldn't be shocked to find out otherwise.

While on the topic of future changes to how voting is performed, I'd like to formally propose adjusting voting to occur after both sides have had adequate time to express their position.  Perhaps two posts: 1) Discussion post 2) Voting post.  The Defendant will have 3-7 days to post their side of the story and both parties will be given time to either refute each others statements or work out a solution.  After 7 days if no solution has occurred, then a vote post will be created.

Thoughts?  Flaws?