• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

In response to Adam's request of PL for me I completely AGREE I should be placed on the list. I have been so wrapped up in everything going on that I haven't had a chance to get on here in almost 11 weeks to respond to questions. Reasons I should be on here stretch more than the Eastman opp and until I can set the status back to clear I will not take another commission request nor sell on the boards. No need for voting, or large discussions of why or why not I whole heartedly believe until I can get everything done that j do belong on here.

The Eastman opp:

Yes SDCC was a huge sketch opportunity and almost everything has been completed and turned into CGC. If you check with Doug (dscott) he is just now receiving the last of his order from San Diego and I'm really trying to get this one completed. I have three large scale commissions to include Adam's request and I'll finally be done with SDCC.

The Hawaii Eastman opp:

I am waiting on 10 commissions left for it to be completed. These are 10 full body commissions and not part of the opp conducted on here. The ones completed were some different commission requests such as Nightwing Turtle, Harley Quinn Turtle, Batman, and several others which were completed as can be verified by Adonis (Not sure what he is called now) and Yaw (yagyare) who were in the hotel room while he was drawing these for everyone.

Someone asked why I took commissions at NYCC, I did not. Darrel F happened to accompany me to Kevin's hotel to pick up some commissions as well as books signed and asked me if I could ask him on the spot. That was the only commission done at that show by Kevin outside of the small stand in line he did at IDWs booth.

It's because of being behind by the 13 commissions that I did not take any requests for Canada, NYCC or the past weeks Amazing Oklahoma City Comic Con as we have been able to whittle down numbers during it. Usually his work load is pretty enormous and why I try to slide a book in on him a week as I figure one at a time is at least something.

As for grading for these, one hang up was something I didn't see, licensing. Everything should be taken care of and should finally start seeing these completed though.

Other stuff and Cleaning out laundry here:

Jamie Biggs, Adam himself warned me about this one but following commission requests and then receiving them back before my requested cut off I ran an op with Jamie. Currently waiting on a single book to be completed and have been trying to contact Jaime about closing this thing which has been an enormous headache. (Self Inflicted)

Alfred Trujilo, his books are either at CGC or at my home... Yes they could be at my home but I honestly have not had a chance to open boxes I have received due to my travel schedule. Usually I'm home for Wednesday long enough to wash my clothes, kiss the kids, and pat the wife on the head. This I need to check on when I get home hopefully Friday which I have a weekend off finally and will be back.

Kokkinakis, currently awaiting a single book as well, been in contact with him about it though so should be near the end of the tunnel with him.

Harley Quinn Amazing books, these are spread between three places, CGC, my home, and just getting to CGC. The ones just getting to CGC were just signed by Palmiotti and Conner a few weeks ago due to Amanda not attending NYCC.

I will get on messaging every single person back as soon as I can but I really am bogged down. The biggest reason I am replying to this isn't to keep myself out of the PL but because I've received several texts, calls, and an email this morning alone and I know I need to respond to everyone on a PM by the end of this week. I WILL find a way to get back on here more to respond.

Lastly I truly do apologize for the delay in everything. It's not my intention to keep books away from you all whether to keep or flip and I am not against me being on the PL but would even wish to nominate myself until I can get things cleared up with each of these issues as well as a few extra ones I have going on as well.

Thank you for the update, Akoni.

I can't speak for the other opps, but let me know when the Eastman opp wraps up and I'll request that you get off the list.

Best of luck, and please let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

-Adam

Class act. As expected. :)

Good luck wrapping things up!

Hate to see someone go on the list, but it is very refreshing to have a nominee come on and take full accountability.

I hope that he makes good on the promises in his response.

Hate to see someone go on the list, but it is very refreshing to have a nominee come on and take full accountability.

I have zero doubts Akoni will ultimately take care of this situation.

I also hope other well-intentioned would-be sketch op facilitators will learn something from this and past situations about expectations, communication, and how quickly things can spiral, for any number of reasons, even for genuinely honest, organized people. Its nice to help your homies get sketches (I don't think facilitators are getting rich from these ops), but is it really worth the responsibility, trouble, and liability? Can one truly manage everything it takes including money in (sometimes in installments), money to artist, all the paperwork, multiple submissions, shipping in multiple directions (sometimes internationally), selecting blanks, prepping books, artist timelines and expectations, communications with CGC, clients, artists, delays, CGC paperwork, taxes, artist expectations? Its not easy, and its relatively low paying and thankless, but full of hassle, liability, and responsibility when things go south.

I have zero doubts Akoni will ultimately take care of this situation.

I also hope other well-intentioned would-be sketch op facilitators will learn something from this and past situations about expectations, communication, and how quickly things can spiral, for any number of reasons, even for genuinely honest, organized people. Its nice to help your homies get sketches (I don't think facilitators are getting rich from these ops), but is it really worth the responsibility, trouble, and liability? Can one truly manage everything it takes including money in (sometimes in installments), money to artist, all the paperwork, multiple submissions, shipping in multiple directions (sometimes internationally), selecting blanks, prepping books, artist timelines and expectations, communications with CGC, clients, artists, delays, CGC paperwork, taxes, artist expectations? Its not easy, and its relatively low paying and thankless, but full of hassle, liability, and responsibility when things go south.

I blame Eastman, he draws too slow obviously.

As for grading for these, one hang up was something I didn't see, licensing. Everything should be taken care of and should finally start seeing these completed though.

Just curious, what licensing is there on a sketch covers? If I'm missing something obvious, I apologize.

Just curious, what licensing is there on a sketch covers? If I'm missing something obvious, I apologize.

I assume it was with the special CGC TMNT label for this opp and not with the sketches themselves

My first Nomination to the HOS. Simon33

Last week there was a noob with a sales thread. He listed 3 books and one was a Harley Quinn Cgc 9.8 I needed for my registry set. His price was 150 and he had no pictures or important details so his thread got poofed. I pm him and offer 125 shipped, he countered with 135 shipped and then me at 130 and he said he's staying at 135. I said I'll get back. He told me is PayPal so it took me a few days to get funds in my Pp acct and then sent the 135 and followed up through pm

Today he says he didn't get it so I resent it this morning. Everything is cool and he says he is going to ship tomorrow morning. A while later he said he is going to refund me cause he sold the book elsewhere. I really needed that book too. He only has 6 posts so I guess he don't care much for this place.

That sounds Probation worthy, not HoS JD. Just my 2c
So be it. I never meant to do this to anyone, but I am a little bummed how this deal came and went. I rather not anyone else have to deal with someone like this. I will retract my nomination to the HOS and ask that he be placed on the Probation List. In any regard, I am out no funds, but I really wanted that book. Hangin' is too good for him.

So be it. I never meant to do this to anyone, but I am a little bummed how this deal came and went. I rather not anyone else have to deal with someone like this. I will retract my nomination to the HOS and ask that he be placed on the Probation List. In any regard, I am out no funds, but I really wanted that book. Hangin' is too good for him.

You need to "send a PM to the accused informing them the issue is being submitted to the Probation Discussion Thread for their inclusion in the PL. This should be a new PM and not part of an existing PM chain." (note: you don't have to wait 30 days, because the item is sold to someone else)

Also, since the book is gone, what is your proposed path to resolution (i.e., if he's put on the PL, what would he need to do to have you remove him from the PL)?

Last week there was a noob with a sales thread. He listed 3 books and one was a Harley Quinn Cgc 9.8 I needed for my registry set. His price was 150 and he had no pictures or important details so his thread got poofed. I pm him and offer 125 shipped, he countered with 135 shipped and then me at 130 and he said he's staying at 135. I said I'll get back. He told me is PayPal so it took me a few days to get funds in my Pp acct and then sent the 135 and followed up through pm

Today he says he didn't get it so I resent it this morning. Everything is cool and he says he is going to ship tomorrow morning. A while later he said he is going to refund me cause he sold the book elsewhere. I really needed that book too. He only has 6 posts so I guess he don't care much for this place.

Did you explain to him that selling it to someone else after agreeing to a deal with you wouldn't fly here? You could probably include that in any "I'm nominating you to the probation list PM" that gives him 3 days to post here and either come to his senses or at least try and explain himself.

- I'd imagine with all the venues that facilitate selling these days, Instagram, facebook etc.. that some of those place have different etiquette expectations. I don't know. (shrug)

Did you explain to him that selling it to someone else after agreeing to a deal with you wouldn't fly here? You could probably include that in any "I'm nominating you to the probation list PM" that gives him 3 days to post here and either come to his senses or at least try and explain himself.

- I'd imagine with all the venues that facilitate selling these days, Instagram, facebook etc.. that some of those place have different etiquette expectations. I don't know. (shrug)

YES

My words to him:

When you list books here for sale the must be exclusive and not listed elsewhere. That's why this community is here and thrives on both good sellers and buyers that follow through. By you having your books listed in multiple places, this is the problem you run into. If you want to be able to sell here and avoid the fees and craziness of eBay, then I suggest you sell the book to me and give the sad story to the eBay guy. By right I have to take this to the probation discussion and it will likely harm your efforts to sell here. Others here have to understand how you conduct business. They'll want to avoid such a situation. It's your call. I value these boards, this community at a much higher level than that of eBay. LMK
Edited by Junkdrawer

YES
I would like to add that I just got a notification from USPS that the label was canceled. The book I paid for was in a box and ready to ship.

You need to "send a PM to the accused informing them the issue is being submitted to the Probation Discussion Thread for their inclusion in the PL. This should be a new PM and not part of an existing PM chain." (note: you don't have to wait 30 days, because the item is sold to someone else)

Also, since the book is gone, what is your proposed path to resolution (i.e., if he's put on the PL, what would he need to do to have you remove him from the PL)?

I did make mention in our original PM that I would have to bring this transaction before the Probation Discussion thread. I have today sent him a new PM informing him of my nominating him. As for him getting off the list, thats a good question. He did say to me that he could submit another raw copy to CGC and honor the same agreed price. I would be happy with that, as I said, I truly want/need said book for my registry set.

He did say to me that he could submit another raw copy to CGC and honor the same agreed price. I would be happy with that, as I said, I truly want/need said book for my registry set.

That's a good idea. (thumbs u

I only bring this up because I think the spirit (if not the letter) of the PL is that if you put someone on there, you have to give them a (reasonable) way off. You can't actually hang him. :D

I'm confused. If that is the chain of events then where is the deal?

I'm confused. If that is the chain of events then where is the deal?

Ok, I need to apologize for a big mistake I've made. I thought I had a spare 9.8 to sell, but an eBay second chance offer came through so I'm going to have to refund your money.

I have a raw copy of the Harley Book that I can send you pictures of, I'm fairly certain it will get a 9.8. - yours for $20. I can also send it to get graded and honor your purchase price from today when it comes back in.

I'm incredibly sorry for this screw up.

This should clear things up for you to follow along. Edited by Junkdrawer