• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,202 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, telerites said:

If you haven't already looked, the guidelines are listed here -  https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/221929-hall-of-shame-amp-probation-list-rules/

@telerites So if it's a recent transaction (last night) the 30 day window must be met first before everything can be handled? Doesn't that leave other members at the mercy of poor business practices of this individual during that time?

8 minutes ago, MDR123 said:

@telerites So if it's a recent transaction (last night) the 30 day window must be met first before everything can be handled? Doesn't that leave other members at the mercy of poor business practices of this individual during that time?

@MDR123

I think the original idea was to give people a few days to pay, a few days to pack the item and a few days for mailing.  We've talked about changing the window many times, but never got a consensus. In the beginning, professionals were not allowed to sell here, it's still mostly just collectors with   jobs/family commitments, etc.

If you specify a specific time for payment, then it works differently. If I'm in a rush for some reason, I put a certain number of days.

However you are correct about others not having problems, that's why we have this thread

, to discuss issues, so you discuss it there and you can out the person if there is a real problem and they have the right to post their version there.

@skypinkblu Much appreciated for the insight. Yea, I've been ready and willing to pay since yesterday and now the seller is backing out and using libelous comments towards me in a private message as well as talking down to me for no reason other than an original misunderstanding which was corrected some 3 to 4 times yesterday. If the seller had a bad day or something, that's fine, but to take it out on a customer willing to spend money who is excited to have a chance at some items I would not have been able to get myself, really is beyond me. To each their own I guess but wow, I was under the impression folks look out for each other and have not had a problem yet in a sales thread until yesterday. Even if items have arrived damaged or wrong, the seller of those items and I come to an amicable and workable solution for us both and we move forward. I have no idea what transpired yesterday on the sellers side for their full story but just somewhat disheartening to see someone continually show zero respect or business sense.  

@MDR123I'm sorry you are having a problem, but I don't think you saw my link to the discussion thread. That was where I meant you should post your note. This is for probation discussions, the new format can be a bit confusing, but if you look, I pasted a link to the proper thread. 

Lots of stuff gets worked out. :foryou:

1 minute ago, skypinkblu said:

@MDR123I'm sorry you are having a problem, but I don't think you saw my link to the discussion thread. That was where I meant you should post your note. This is for probation discussions, the new format can be a bit confusing, but if you look, I pasted a link to the proper thread. 

Lots of stuff gets worked out. :foryou:

I saw it, was merely responding to your post. Thank you. 

Not quite sure whether this is the correct place/thread for my request, so apologies beforehand and please advise if not:

Is there anyone who is friends with Robert Beerbohm and who can ask him for me that he might want to ship my long paid purchase of the "Comic cardboard sign/poster 1920s 'Boston Sunday Advertiser'" now?

You know, I was aware and I am aware of the fact that some issues with blbcomics have been discussed on these boards and I don't want to talk about that. I simply trusted Robert with my purchase but I don't manage to get in touch with him at present. Not via email and not via phone. He seems to still have his business running though (positive feedback up to this month).

Any plain help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

10 minutes ago, Pickie said:

Not quite sure whether this is the correct place/thread for my request, so apologies beforehand and please advise if not:

Is there anyone who is friends with Robert Beerbohm and who can ask him for me that he might want to ship my long paid purchase of the "Comic cardboard sign/poster 1920s 'Boston Sunday Advertiser'" now?

You know, I was aware and I am aware of the fact that some issues with blbcomics have been discussed on these boards and I don't want to talk about that. I simply trusted Robert with my purchase but I don't manage to get in touch with him at present. Not via email and not via phone. He seems to still have his business running though (positive feedback up to this month).

Thanks

I think its mostly ok to post this here, but I think if its been long enough, I don't see anything wrong with also posting this in the Comics General forum.

40 minutes ago, Pickie said:

Thanks

Sorry you're having problems with Bob.  I had problems with him in the past and he went on my 'never again' list.  There's got to be guys who can contact him for you, why not start a thread in comics general?

I could use some help. I updated the PL list for Mr. Silvestri as the 2 Boardies who nominated him appear to have done their due diligence. My problem as usual is the editor for the posts, it has decided to activate the "read more" feature on the post, so the whole list does not show clearly at first, which is a problem. If someone could tell me how to remove that feature it would be appreciated, and I will correct it.  Many thanks :smile:

1 hour ago, crassus said:

I could use some help. I updated the PL list for Mr. Silvestri as the 2 Boardies who nominated him appear to have done their due diligence. My problem as usual is the editor for the posts, it has decided to activate the "read more" feature on the post, so the whole list does not show clearly at first, which is a problem. If someone could tell me how to remove that feature it would be appreciated, and I will correct it.  Many thanks :smile:

I thought that feature was only for quoted text. Interesting.

5 minutes ago, DeadOne said:

Hi, I had originally quoted the previous update, and then edited it, and then copy and pasted it into a new post on its own, maybe it carried the feature forward, but not all quoted stuff activates that feature, and I assume its an optional function, toggle on/off etc... I want to turn it off as I think its important for the PL list that it is easily and immediately visible....

Edited by crassus

3 minutes ago, crassus said:
6 minutes ago, DeadOne said:

Hi, I had originally quoted the previous update, and then edited it, and then copy and pasted it into a new post on its own, maybe it carried the feature forward, but not all quoted stuff activates that feature, and I assume its an optional function, toggle on/off etc... I want to turn it off as I think its important for the PL list that it not easily and immediately visible....

I don't think this is a feature that we can control, although that would be cool if we could.
There is some talk about it here:
https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/415227-abbreviate-quoted-text-helpful-or-annoying-extra-click/

It probably was a carry forward like you said, or glitch of some sort.

Maybe @Architecht can help sort it out.

2 minutes ago, bababooey said:

I just did a copy paste into a new post that seemed to work.   I didn't use any of the board quote functions, I highlighted & copied & then pasted it below in the reply line.

Ok I will try that...that was probably my mistake...I shouldn't have worked out of the quote....