• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I think the point is that Chip was claiming that he lost his job and has no money and all is lost. Yet, there he is looking on Craigslist for toys.

I didn't catch that, but, yes, why would Chip be on Craigslist to possibly buy something when he has money problems?

When I lost my job and had to fight for disability it took 2.5 years to get it. To pay for bills I was emptying out my house of my comic books, toys, Magic Cards, miniature gaming figures, etc. Taking care of my family is more important.

I've been in Chip's place more than once and know that it is not easy, so this hits close to home for me in seeing how being in situation is handled and burning your bridges to people who can help is not the way to go. We have friends to help each other when we are down. Now that I am a little better of I in turn help out others as much as I can. If Chip keeps burning his bridges he will never have anybody to look for help to.

Somebody eluded to the fact that Chip may have burned the bridges to his family and friends as to why there is nobody to help him. I am believing that more and more. I hope he gets this straightened out.

I really wish we had precogs

Why? All anyone had to do was google his name and all that stuff comes up. We have a lot of soft touches here willing to give people several chances.

it meant sarcastically

But that was my point. After everything was revealed after his charity thread/go fund me etc, why would anyone still do business with him

sometimes it's just best to avoid the oncoming headlights

I waited to vote, until I could read it all. I have never bought or sold anything to him and glad I didn't. At some point people need to be held accountable. Based on the preponderance of evidence, it does not seem that he will ever change.

I have been in a similar position before. Lost my job, fighting for unemployment and trying to make sure I had money to pay my bills. It was not easy, but, I stopped buying, sold a few things, and kept my expenses to the bare minimum. Everything I sold was delivered as promised, with no excuses. It is not hard to do, especially when the buyer is paying for shipping. That should exclude ANY excuse for not shipping.

I voted. I am sorry that my comments about the Craig's List stirred another pot, as I did not intend to suggest that this somehow exonerated the offender. I just did not consider it much of a "gotcha" moment. At any rate it is obvious enough that it is only a drop in the bucket of his wrongdoings.

I think there were many people who considered HoS warranted during the Go Fund Me episode, and I do know that there were some (I was one too) who were both sceptical of his sudden dark expressions of self-harm and yet reluctant to call him on it given the possible outcomes if mistaken. I would not want to criticize anyone who gave him then the benefit of the doubt. I did too, feeling it was better to err on the side of caution. I think if he had not pulled out that one big trump card of threatened self harm things may have moved in this direction earlier.

I remember being a contributor to his charity thread and as more information came to light, wished I had done my due diligence. Felt bad that my actions may have influenced others to join in without doing theirs.

Voted

Kaspar, you helped somebody out based on what you knew at the time and what your conscience told you to do, and that is how everybody makes their decisions and how almost every good deed gets done. No fault to you my friend. The reverse danger of these kind of fiascos is that people may hold back from helping people in genuine need. That would be a greater catastrophe.

They're hidden until the poll is over to prevent swaying anyone from voting one way or another.

So should I assume that some of the people posting that they voted, might've voted no?

What kind of person would get swayed like that anyway? Shouldn't they be swayed by the evidence?

For the record I voted yes and I don't care who knows it (shrug)

They're hidden until the poll is over to prevent swaying anyone from voting one way or another.

So should I assume that some of the people posting that they voted, might've voted no?

What kind of person would get swayed like that anyway? Shouldn't they be swayed by the evidence?

For the record I voted yes and I don't care who knows it (shrug)

Because if the side that's losing sees that, then they will start to campaign more and push to win and you get this (from Head of State, great movie btw)

giphy.gif

I voted yes. I understand why this has come about and accept my punishment.

I apologize again to all who were affected by my late shipments. For the record, I'll be sending more out on Monday (tracking numbers will be sent) and then will see what few are left and get those out ASAP.

I also apologize for any ill will I've cultivated by my actions. I am currently in my 6th month of therapy/medication and am getting help.

I apologize again to all who were affected by my late shipments. For the record, I'll be sending more out on Monday (tracking numbers will be sent) and then will see what few are left and get those out ASAP.

I also apologize for any ill will I've cultivated by my actions. I am currently in my 6th month of therapy/medication and am getting help.

I truly hope it is/will help you Chip. I wish you nothing but the best.

I truly hope it is/will help you Chip. I wish you nothing but the best.

+1

Instead of an apology, which rings very hollow to me, how about an explanation of why it has taken you 2 months to ship out the books I bought from you back in November? If you were in such dire financial straits that you could not afford to ship my books out, which I paid for via PayPal friends and family at your request, how is it that you had the money available to purchase a phantom Star Wars toy collection on Craigslist?