• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,201 posts in this topic

On 11/8/2017 at 11:30 AM, skypinkblu said:

Thanks, Jeff. I had mixed feelings about posting, he seemed like a nice guy. But I believe in letting other's know about problems. 

It's a shame, I thought at first something happened to him, but as I mentioned, he was on the boards 10/26 and never answered my pms.

And that's the dilemma, what's more important, giving the guy some slack and dropping the issue or warning other boardies? 

1 hour ago, 1p36DSA said:

Still today he is claiming books in threads left in right. I don’t think this is fair when he said he couldn’t settle with me.

Pm is now at four pages of back and forth and he keeps claiming other people’s books but hasn’t settled up. When does 30 Days kick in? This morning I said send check and book and I will send you books as trade or let’s cancel the deal so I can move on as you clearly arent going to pay. Haven’t heard back since and feel like he is just dragging this out. 

What do I do at this point? 

Sounds like a nightmare.  Figuring out when the 30 days starts is kinda tough when he's been trying to shift the terms since initial agreement.

What do you do at this point?  Why not ask him to come here and give his side for starters?

1 hour ago, 1p36DSA said:

Need some advice. Have a very senior boardie who claimed few high end golds via pm. Worked out a payment plan. It has been 8 days since claiming. It was agreed first payment would be here by end of January.

With that said, while this was agreed upon he bridges a partial trade deal. I made it very clear in multiple responses I didn’t want his hopes up a trade would work and we would fall back on original deal should it not work out. He said no problem. Long story short I wasn’t comfortable with trade so I said let’s proceed with payment plan.

He said he believed a trade was immenient and said he spent all his money buying other books so couldn’t pay for mine.  I said fine let’s do trade (at this point I just wanted deal done to move on.)

Still today he is claiming books in threads left in right. I don’t think this is fair when he said he couldn’t settle with me.

Pm is now at four pages of back and forth and he keeps claiming other people’s books but hasn’t settled up. When does 30 Days kick in? This morning I said send check and book and I will send you books as trade or let’s cancel the deal so I can move on as you clearly arent going to pay. Haven’t heard back since and feel like he is just dragging this out. 

If you just sent a pm this morning, he might not be available to respond yet, why not give it at least another day? See if he answers? It sounds like you are still in the middle of a negotiation.

Edited by skypinkblu

2 hours ago, 1p36DSA said:

Need some advice. Have a very senior boardie who claimed few high end golds via pm. Worked out a payment plan. It has been 8 days since claiming. It was agreed first payment would be here by end of January.

With that said, while this was agreed upon he bridges a partial trade deal. I made it very clear in multiple responses I didn’t want his hopes up a trade would work and we would fall back on original deal should it not work out. He said no problem. Long story short I wasn’t comfortable with trade so I said let’s proceed with payment plan.

He said he believed a trade was immenient and said he spent all his money buying other books so couldn’t pay for mine.  I said fine let’s do trade (at this point I just wanted deal done to move on.)

Is there a way to post the PMs without revealing the identity of the other board member?

I would be interested in reading the exact language of these PMS, before making any judgments, jumping to conclusions, or casting stones.  Reading the entire PM conversation would perhaps allow everyone to see both sides.

2 hours ago, 1p36DSA said:

Something as simple as what I underlined in your last paragraph can pretty much kill you for a PL nomination - so if you used that wording I would say you have no real chance of getting someone nominated, whether they were unfair to you or not.  If they respond to your last message as it reads, all they really need to do is say "OK I agree, let's cancel the deal" (shrug)  If you didn't write what you just wrote above then I'd suggest looking for similar wording in the four pages of back & forth before trying to do anything further publicly on this.

fyi - The timeline for nomination is 30 days after failing to fulfill a commitment, so 30 days after Jan 31st would be when most people would bring this type of issue to this thread.

8 hours ago, bababooey said:

Something as simple as what I underlined in your last paragraph can pretty much kill you for a PL nomination - so if you used that wording I would say you have no real chance of getting someone nominated, whether they were unfair to you or not.  If they respond to your last message as it reads, all they really need to do is say "OK I agree, let's cancel the deal" (shrug)  If you didn't write what you just wrote above then I'd suggest looking for similar wording in the four pages of back & forth before trying to do anything further publicly on this.

fyi - The timeline for nomination is 30 days after failing to fulfill a commitment, so 30 days after Jan 31st would be when most people would bring this type of issue to this thread.

My goal is not to nominate, my goal is to put this transaction behind me. 

8 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

If you just sent a pm this morning, he might not be available to respond yet, why not give it at least another day? See if he answers? It sounds like you are still in the middle of a negotiation.

He has been claiming books left and right since the pm was sent and has been doing this for the past 9 days now so I am not buying that he hasn’t had time to respond. I have tried to close the deal multiple times with deadlines but still nothing. 

The comic is an

I was pm'd on jan 10th from board member JugHerNutz            

Hi,

A recent raw copy on EBay for a VF/NM sold for $203.  Since it’s a filler copy, would you be willing to take $70 shipped?  Let me know and I can send payment.  BTW, I don’t have Paypal, but I can do Money Order if possible.  Let me know at your earliest convenience.

thanks!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wrote back to JugHerNutz  on jan 10th 2018

Brother

I'l accept yor offer.my address to send the money order of $70 to is

***erased my address***

Many thanks and respectfully 

--Chris

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JugHerNutz wrote to me  on jan 10th 2018

Thank you!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JugHerNutz  wrote to me again on jan 10th 2018

By the way, is the book complete?  Pages and cover attached at the staples?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wrote to JugHerNutz  on jan 10th on 2018

Sir

The book is complete from the description  I got it .I never opened it.

If you aren't happy with it I have a 100% refund option..you won't get stuck with something you don't want 

--Chris 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

JugHerNutz  wrote to me on Jan 10th 2018

I really appreciate your honesty.   My son and I will have fun owning this book.  I am a single father and I do not have much disposable income to spend money on high grade books.   The fact that my son and I share the hobby and knowing we will own this book is all right with me .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wrote to JugHerNutz  on jan 10th 2018

Brother

I know this book will be in good hands..I will add some comics  in free so the cost of the book is a bit reasonable. 

To tell you the truth ill be spending the money of this on diapers for my dad(and I hate to admit  it..2 cans of iced tea for me for  $1 for a treat)he  went paralyzed a few months ago.Every day is like a gift.Even a hospice gave up on him.

I have to watch him all night and a few hours during the day

---Chris

I wrote to JugHerNutz  on Jan29th 2018

Friend

I didn't receive the money order yet,let me know if you still want to buy the nm #98

many thanks and respectfully

--Chris

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wrote to JugHerNutz  on feb 2nd 2018

sir I don't want to be a bother ,please get back to me or I will nominate you for the PL in a few days.

respectfully

--Chris

I wrote to JugHerNutz  on monday5th 10:08 p.m.  2018

Sir 

please get back to me..i want to complete the sale not nominate you..never had to do that before.

many thanks and respectfully

--Chris

ill be honest I don't know that to do from here ,I pm'd him to respond here 

s-l1600.jpg.0813c3b545c732999029d731b936bd2f.jpg

s-l16001.jpg.68096d0891af1733c6e3ae549a9bea15.jpg

s-l16002.jpg.5d6e21b4302cc32741623518af684901.jpg

s-l16003.jpg.9c94be8b6cbf254c47e08e99180dee7f.jpg

s-l16004.jpg.dfedd6fc75f5fd930f1cc0cb364482db.jpg

s-l16005.jpg.9e83e09234880d208cf2867666dada96.jpg

Edited by comicsyte95
edited out my address

Hi, as of tomorrow, the 10th, you can send, if you have not already, a separate PM to the buyer notifying him that you are nominating him. You can than go back to your original thread and edit the first post, change the title to "Nominating JugHerNutz" and copy and paste into the first post your timeline of events. 

Managing the PL and HoS is a community thing, and I imagine over the coming days other Boardies will come in and look it over. Assuming you have sent or will send tomorrow that separate PM notice to the buyer, the clock will start running and after 72hrs, if the buyer has not appeared to make things right, he can go on the PL. 

Again, we need more people to look this over, and on a separate matter to also revisit "Hobbyguy" who I think should also be headed to the PL. 2c

3 hours ago, comicsyte95 said:

JugHerNutz just got in touch with me and offered to buy the comic ,I sold it nearly 2 months ago after waiting a month sending multiple messages to him.i would definitely waited no problem if he just would have pm'd me back .

If they have a problem, they can come here and explain why they didn't contact you to pay for almost 3 months. I wouldn't worry about it Chris. Looking at the screen name and the fact that they have not posted in almost 2 years and then mostly gremlins, I'm wondering if this might be an underage boarder.

Edited by skypinkblu