• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,201 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, shadroch said:

He made a big deal about leaving and not selling any more, so it seemed like a moot point at the time. I think few people thought he'd have the balls to slink back and start posting again, and foolishly took him at his word that his selling days were over.

The rules of the probation list need to be followed and it appears that is what has taken place. It is what it is. 

On 4/4/2020 at 6:23 PM, lighthouse said:

The update made on October 18, 2007 was the debut of Divad adding dates to the Probation List.

Well, we all know that this statement is incorrect . . . no offense, but the whole thing was my idea. :idea:

Edited by divad

4 minutes ago, divad said:

Well, we all know that this statement is incorrect . . . no offense, but the whole thing was my idea. :idea:

Please don't misunderstand. That comment is saying that that was the first update where you were including dates in the listings. Before that you just listed names (but not the effective dates). After that date you started saying "Bugaboo (added 12/25/1973)" instead of just "Bugaboo". :p

I edited this post to keep a certain member's name off of this thread.  It was not meant to draw attention to his name in a negative manner.  I was just being leery of similarities in the name.  A post should have went out if, and ONLY if something went wrong with a transaction.  Apologies go out to the member I mentioned.

Edited by Robert Doggett
Defamation of character for Ghastly 542454. Want to delete post altogether.

On 7/23/2020 at 4:10 PM, Robert Doggett said:

I just sold a book to a Ghastly 542454.  Hopefully not the same person or he matured a lot! LOL  I don't allow anyone to pay me with Friends and Family so I should be solid either way.  13 years later, it's highly unlikely this is the same person.

How did my name get dragged into this? I’ve only been on the Board since 2016. I don’t appreciate it!!! (tsk)My reputation on the Board is stellar!!

7 hours ago, Ghastly542454 said:

How did my name get dragged into this? I’ve only been on the Board since 2016. I don’t appreciate it!!! (tsk)My reputation on the Board is stellar!!

***DISREGARD*** Please see my amended post above.  Admins, feel free to delete both posts.  My first explains the reason why this is not appropriate for this thread.

Edited by Robert Doggett

Hi everyone, not really a probation discussion but also not certain where it should go and wanted some feedback from other members.

I recently sold a book to a member on my last sales thread.   They neglected to pay after I initially sent the invoice, not a big deal sometimes people forget or get caught up in things.  I sent out a reminder a few weeks later after confirming their payment did not come in and they paid for the book.

After receiving the book they purchased they sent me a note saying they weren’t really happy with it as they felt the grade I had assigned was not accurate.  I offered to apply a discount that we agreed upon or a full refund, they said they would choose a full refund.

Next time I hear from them they have opened a case against me in PayPal???  When I asked them why they wanted to do this there response is below 

Oh... it’s just a formality. I just let paypal do its thing since that’s part of their job. 

just respond to the case I opened. paypal should cover the cost of shipping back to you. 

Am I overreacting to be miffed they have done this when I would have just sent their funds back up in return of their book?  Now I need to deal with PayPal and I have never ever had a PayPal or Ebay claim against me before.  

Mods please move this post if it should not be here.   I just don’t like how this is starting to play out. 😟

44 minutes ago, jhutton2 said:

Hi everyone, not really a probation discussion but also not certain where it should go and wanted some feedback from other members.

I recently sold a book to a member on my last sales thread.   They neglected to pay after I initially sent the invoice, not a big deal sometimes people forget or get caught up in things.  I sent out a reminder a few weeks later after confirming their payment did not come in and they paid for the book.

After receiving the book they purchased they sent me a note saying they weren’t really happy with it as they felt the grade I had assigned was not accurate.  I offered to apply a discount that we agreed upon or a full refund, they said they would choose a full refund.

Next time I hear from them they have opened a case against me in PayPal???  When I asked them why they wanted to do this there response is below 

Oh... it’s just a formality. I just let paypal do its thing since that’s part of their job. 

just respond to the case I opened. paypal should cover the cost of shipping back to you. 

Am I overreacting to be miffed they have done this when I would have just sent their funds back up in return of their book?  Now I need to deal with PayPal and I have never ever had a PayPal or Ebay claim against me before.  

Mods please move this post if it should not be here.   I just don’t like how this is starting to play out. 😟

Hi Jason

I guess it gets you and the buyer to the same end.  Not something I would necessarily do as a buyer.  Does it not provide you protection as well?

I just read that mess in General about the stolen comic.  At least this way, he provides proof of mailing and delivery before he gets the funds (is that how it works)?  Just assuming since I have fortunately had to go through this as either a buyer or a seller.

If I had some reason to be skeptical or hadn't dealt with the other party and wanted to go this route, I would let them know beforehand at least.

And I don't know if the conversation will be moved to the General Sales Discussion thread since at this point, I don't think there is anything probation worthy yet.

I hope it works out without much stress.  I have bought from you before and have never had an issue and would have had no qualms just doing the exchange like you offered.  Just the willingness to accept the return or some discount offered goes a long way and add to the fact how many successful sales threads you have had, most would know you are trust-worthy.

Good luck.

2 hours ago, telerites said:

Hi Jason

I guess it gets you and the buyer to the same end.  Not something I would necessarily do as a buyer.  Does it not provide you protection as well?

I just read that mess in General about the stolen comic.  At least this way, he provides proof of mailing and delivery before he gets the funds (is that how it works)?  Just assuming since I have fortunately had to go through this as either a buyer or a seller.

If I had some reason to be skeptical or hadn't dealt with the other party and wanted to go this route, I would let them know beforehand at least.

And I don't know if the conversation will be moved to the General Sales Discussion thread since at this point, I don't think there is anything probation worthy yet.

I hope it works out without much stress.  I have bought from you before and have never had an issue and would have had no qualms just doing the exchange like you offered.  Just the willingness to accept the return or some discount offered goes a long way and add to the fact how many successful sales threads you have had, most would know you are trust-worthy.

Good luck.

Thanks, yes there is nothing probation worthy at this point.   Just trying to get a perspective of some other boardies as I'm feeling frustrated at the individual at this point and could benefit from some neutral parties feedback.  Anyway, I will get it closed out.  I haven't dealt with the PayPal claim process before, it looks like I need to refund the funds first before anything gets sent.  It just seems silly as its not even a giant book (sub $200) but I guess everyone's perspective can be different in this hobby.

2 minutes ago, jhutton2 said:

Thanks, yes there is nothing probation worthy at this point.   Just trying to get a perspective of some other boardies as I'm feeling frustrated at the individual at this point and could benefit from some neutral parties feedback.  Anyway, I will get it closed out.  I haven't dealt with the PayPal claim process before, it looks like I need to refund the funds first before anything gets sent.  It just seems silly as its not even a giant book (sub $200) but I guess everyone's perspective can be different in this hobby.

Sorry again, Jason.  I do hope it turns okay and does seem more painful than needs be.

Take care.

Hi All, 

Hoping some other board members can provide some guidance here.

I was using Comic Market Street (CMS) as a CGC facilitator/grading service for a number of years. Communication and service levels were great until the business went into administration in early 2019. I don't have a full understanding of US bankruptcy laws but the owner of CMS claimed that none of my books (raw or graded) could be returned until the end of the Chapter 11 process. Clearly they had fallen on hard times so I wanted to be as flexible as possible. 18 months on and I still have yet to retrieve my books. I've tried contacting CGC directly who said they would also try to contact him on my behalf. Still no joy there.  

My last communication with them (Comic Market Street) was August of this year but have amounted to a series of broken promises on having everything shipped back to me.

I'm hoping to find other, former CMS customers here to see if there in a similar position &/or they've found a resolution. 

On 10/19/2020 at 5:22 AM, KReader said:

Hi All, 

Hoping some other board members can provide some guidance here.

I was using Comic Market Street (CMS) as a CGC facilitator/grading service for a number of years. Communication and service levels were great until the business went into administration in early 2019. I don't have a full understanding of US bankruptcy laws but the owner of CMS claimed that none of my books (raw or graded) could be returned until the end of the Chapter 11 process. Clearly they had fallen on hard times so I wanted to be as flexible as possible. 18 months on and I still have yet to retrieve my books. I've tried contacting CGC directly who said they would also try to contact him on my behalf. Still no joy there.  

My last communication with them (Comic Market Street) was August of this year but have amounted to a series of broken promises on having everything shipped back to me.

I'm hoping to find other, former CMS customers here to see if there in a similar position &/or they've found a resolution. 

This is a forum to specifically discuss nominations of Board members to the Probation List and Hall of Shame. You'll probably get more responses to your question in Comics General.

47 minutes ago, KCOComics said:

I feel like this situation got way over blown.  It seemed like he was new, didn't understand the rules, a disagreement happened and no one really got hurt (no $$ exchanged, just words).  

Now, why did it get over blown?  Because he kept escalating instead of resolving the issue.  Like I tell my kids, when you make a mistake, own it and make it right. 

I agree with your post in the thread that he should have sold the book as advertised. That was the right thing to do. 

Him choosing not to do that and keep arguing about minor details (timing and the intention of the word "think") created a mess. 

I don't think it's PL worthy personally.  He had a memorable sales thread that will act as its own "buyer beware." 

Nicely put. Quite often it's the attempt to avoid responsibility that is worse than the original event isn't it. And rarely does anything good come from having an ongoing online disagreement for the crowds to enjoy. Perhaps he kept escalating because he thought he had right on his side though.  

Either way, it looks like he's decided to leave the forum so it's a moo point as Joey would say. His final comment over in the now locked thread made me laugh though if I'm honest. I doubt Miraclemet will be taking him up on the kind offer.

1 minute ago, Get Marwood & I said:

His final comment over in the now locked thread made me laugh though if I'm honest. I doubt Miraclemet will be taking him up on the kind offer.

You guys are better than me. I saw the length of the post and didn't bother reading it lol. I can't imagine anything new was added. 

3 minutes ago, KCOComics said:

You guys are better than me. I saw the length of the post and didn't bother reading it lol. I can't imagine anything new was added. 

Don't get me wrong, I usually avoid these things like the plague, especially as I don't sell here. And I'm not condoning anything. But I just caught sight of the last comment and couldn't help but laugh at its unexpected brutality.