• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,202 posts in this topic

Absolutely. NEVER, EVER, EVER post the takeit.gif without having the money in pocket, or a plan in place with the seller.

The problem with this place is that, especially to the newbie, it's like being let loose in a sweet shop. So many lovely books, nice people to deal with, nothing in the way of repercusions...some people go frickin' mad and when the haze finally clears, they finally realise that they are unable to meet their obligations.

Nick.. I don't see how you could encounter this problem after selling a 1,000 ( + or - ) books in the last month or two.. confused-smiley-013.giftongue.gifpoke2.gif

1,041 as of right now... tongue.gif

And respect to the boarders involved...pretty much pain free. 893applaud-thumb.gif to all involved.

893whatthe.gifhail.gif

I know a little bit about moving that kind of volume through the marketplace, so much respect. The packing alone must be a nightmare....as well as signing all those certs!

The missus has done half the COAs, so respect to her.

But I have to say that I 893censored-thumb.gif hate the packing. mad.gif

893whatthe.gifhail.gif

I know a little bit about moving that kind of volume through the marketplace, so much respect. The packing alone must be a nightmare....as well as signing all those certs!

Welcome to my world, my friend.

893whatthe.gifhail.gif

Welcome to my world, my friend.

Donut's world = screwy.gif

Should there also be a way to make amends on this? Seems unfair to fault someone for a time period without letting them redeem themselves.

Pay?

hail.gif

Anyways, I was referring to something coming up that is out of the buyer's hands etc. I support these kind of information for the sake of the information but it also can drag somebody's name through just enough dirt that it'll make it hard to accept them fully. Example, I just ignored bronzejunkie's offer on the red sonjas just simply on principle that she/he needs to pay off october or come to a peaceful resolution. And in the future I probably won't pay attention to it. I'm contradicting myself and I'm aware so I'm just going to shut up. I guess I am just torn between my quiet side and my drama loving side.

Should there also be a way to make amends on this? Seems unfair to fault someone for a time period without letting them redeem themselves.

$$$ Redemption is always welcome. $$$ grin.gif

3/29/07 PROBATION UPDATE

The following Forum Members are currently on "probation" for failure to complete a transaction in good faith after one month's time:

bronzejunkie

comicmankev

donavan74

IITravel

Herald2Galactus (1st "Hall of Shame" Member)

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Herald2Galactus (1st "Hall of Shame" Member) isnt even a board member anymore confused-smiley-013.gif

I just found out Herald2Galactus is STILL A FORUM member...so he belongs on the list and...The probies need something to aspire to.

Edited by comix4fun

Everytime I see this thread back on the first page I just cringe waiting for my name to appear. 893whatthe.gif Being a new board member I want to be upfront about what happened a few weeks ago and still feel rotten about it and have apologized to both members involved.

They weren't selling threads and I contacted a couple of members about books I was hoping they had. They were so kind and understanding to wait for my payment and take time out of their busy schedules to send me scans. It was all looking like my plans would work out with Jeffro and Rhino and then my dear cat had another bout with her urinary track infection and several trips later to the vets I realized both purchases would be really leaving me short. I sent PMs to both of these classy gentlemen who agreed to accept my late payments and told them to either forget about me or with Rhino (I hope) that I could purchase the book in a month or so only if he still had it and not to pass up a sale on my account.

If either of you are reading this, I'm sorry I wasted some of your time and will try my hardest never to let this happen again. I'm not sure if I deserve to be on the probation list for this screw-up and I swear on Spidey's life that I wasn't stringing them along or intentionally wasting their time. sorry.gif

The few members that know me or have sold to me know that I would NEVER hit the takeit.gif without asking permission to pay on payday or ask for time payments on larger purchases. My feedback rating on e-bay is 100 % with over 800 transactions. (e-bay ID: harveylazybones)

BTW, I think this is an excellent idea to have some type of list to hold people responsible after sellers put in the time and effort to set up posts and scans for selling and all the work involved. thumbsup2.gif

I'll wait for the final verdict from the probation Nazis and will take my punishment like a man. Wait a minute that's not right, I'm some over spending comic addicted female and will still take my punishment.

Thanks for listening,

fay sorry.gifflamed.giffrown.gif

I swear on Spidey's life that I wasn't stringing them along or intentionally wasting their time. sorry.gif

I'll wait for the final verdict from the probation Nazis and will take my punishment like a man. Wait a minute that's not right, I'm some over spending comic addicted female and will still take my punishment.

Thanks for listening,

fay sorry.gifflamed.giffrown.gif

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Those that know you Fay... hi.gif ....also know that you're good for the money.

I personally don't think you need vouching for...but if others need it... I'll say

that I've seen Fay purchase big ticket items via time payments and that

she keeps her word. thumbsup2.gif

Now get out of this thread before your name gets tarnished by association. foreheadslap.gif27_laughing.gif

Those that know you Fay... hi.gif ....also know that you're good for the money.

I personally don't think you need vouching for...but if others need it... I'll say

that I've seen Fay purchase big ticket items via time payments and that

she keeps her word. thumbsup2.gif

Now get out of this thread before your name gets tarnished by association. foreheadslap.gif27_laughing.gif

That get's my 100% agreement, too. thumbsup2.gif

Everytime I see this thread back on the first page I just cringe waiting for my name to appear. 893whatthe.gif Being a new board member I want to be upfront about what happened a few weeks ago and still feel rotten about it and have apologized to both members involved.

They weren't selling threads and I contacted a couple of members about books I was hoping they had. They were so kind and understanding to wait for my payment and take time out of their busy schedules to send me scans. It was all looking like my plans would work out with Jeffro and Rhino and then my dear cat had another bout with her urinary track infection and several trips later to the vets I realized both purchases would be really leaving me short. I sent PMs to both of these classy gentlemen who agreed to accept my late payments and told them to either forget about me or with Rhino (I hope) that I could purchase the book in a month or so only if he still had it and not to pass up a sale on my account.

From what you've said, seems reasonable enough to me.

I think when a buyer's in a situation like this, being proactive in communication (as well as apologizing, obviously) goes a long way. Big difference between the above versus the seller having to chase the buyer for weeks to finally, finally get a story out of them. I've let a few guys here out of similar situations, with no hard feelings.