• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baltimore Comic Convention 2009

653 posts in this topic

I'm really excited for this con! It's a lot of fun! :)

And yea I'll be going...since I live in B-More and all...

We stayed at the Days Inn last year. Did they open a new hotel adjacent to the convention?

What Doc said, minus the ESPN Zone thing

What Doc said plus the ESPN zone thing. Not sure if I will fly out early on Sunday or not.

As of now, we are planning to come up on Thursday evening instead Friday evening like last year.

This will be my first time, I'm all kinds of excited. I was hoping to hit Geppi's Museum while I'm down there...is it worth the visit?

It certainly is!

I live here and will be attending, looking forward to meeting a few of you.

Oh, and yes, Geppi's is worth it. It has lost some of the original luster but is still pretty cool.

Sweet...my wife and I will definitely have to check it out while we are down there. I'm going to be saving up to see if I can get a nice copy of TOS #39 at the convention...

I'm really excited for this con! It's a lot of fun! :)

And yea I'll be going...since I live in B-More and all...

We stayed at the Days Inn last year. Did they open a new hotel adjacent to the convention?

That might be the one they were still building last year.

The Hilton opened last..December? I'll be staying in it in about 3 weeks for Otakon. It's a beautiful hotel, too.

If I may suggest a few places to eat that are not in the tourist trap:

Cross Street Market in Federal Hill. Crabs clams, the best sushi in Baltimore, fried chicken, deli, and an amazing bakery all close to the con center. By a few blocks. It's worth the walk I promise.

Lexington Market. There's a light rail stop in front of it. Everything under the sun in this place (heck, the Utz Chip stall sold guns for a while too!)

Baltimore is the best comic book show in the country. If you liked Heroes, you'll LOVE Baltimore. The guest list is amazing, and Marc really goes all out for fans. Note that Baltimore is a two-day show, so dealer set up day is Friday.

There will be some extra special surprises this year - really, they're going to be good - and general fabulousness. I'll be running the Cards, Comics and Collectibles booth again (the show sponsor) so stop buy and say "hello".

Tickets aren't on sale yet, so sign up with the website to get info.

Baltimore is the best comic book show in the country. If you liked Heroes, you'll LOVE Baltimore. The guest list is amazing, and Marc really goes all out for fans. Note that Baltimore is a two-day show, so dealer set up day is Friday.

There will be some extra special surprises this year - really, they're going to be good - and general fabulousness. I'll be running the Cards, Comics and Collectibles booth again (the show sponsor) so stop buy and say "hello".

Tickets aren't on sale yet, so sign up with the website to get info.

Thanks for the info...I signed up for the email. Does this show have alot of comic book vendors vs. toys, t shirts, etc?

I have to agree, Baltimore gets an AMAZING guest list and has much shorter lines than some of the big shows like San Diego or NYCC. There is a good mix of vendors, from the Gold/Silver Age to toys and other stuff like sci-fi, Toon Tumblers, and all sorts of neat things for the kids and the "big kid" parents. :)

I was very impressed to see Marc Silvestri's name on the list. That was a big score, and I will probably be at the show, at least for Sunday plus the Retailer Summit afterwards. (Plus, ya got David Finch, Eric Powell, Adam Hughes, JG Jones, Kirkman, Kitson, Cho, George Perez, Tim Sale, I mean, it goes ON and ON) Oh, man, I gotta break my Saturday obligation and come both days. :)

Joel