• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Warning about complaining to silver-arce on ebay!
1 1

111 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, telerites said:

It's probably referenced in this archaic thread but I'm not going back through it.  This silver acre thread always stood out for me -

That should be referenced in any 'self made man's' handbook, under the heading...

"How not to conduct yourself in Business".

3 hours ago, valiantman said:

Has anyone pointed out that slander is spoken yet?    No?  Yay, I win! :whee:

Maybe when Kanamit returns in 9 years to follow-up, he'll see that he should have said that the 9-year-old "stream" (is it still a "stream" if it hasn't moved in 9 years? hm) should have been described as 'libelous'.  :shy:

Yup. I noticed that.

I didn't care enough about the OP's post or Daryl to correct it.

2 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

Yup. I noticed that.

I didn't care enough about the OP's post or Daryl to correct it.

'Vocabulary of a barra-boy' is a phrase that springs to mind, if memory serves.

As a collector of Marvel pence copies, I've bought more than a few books from SA over the last couple of years.  Overall, the books were within the grade range stated with the exception of two copies of Cap 241 which were grossly overgraded.  I will say that I bought a ToS 52 from Daryl probably about 11 months ago.  I was fine with the books I had received prior so decided to take a chance on it.  He graded it as a VG+, but it was graded as a 5.5.  I considered that a win.  However, when I asked for more pictures than the one pic of the cover, the response made it seem like I was making it inconvenient for SA.  Basically, the response was along the lines of they weren't sure I was a serious buyer, the stated condition was accurate, blah blah.  So, I was like challenge accepted and it was better than anticipated.  Reading these accounts of his sunny personality make me hesitant for future transactions though.  

A long time ago I bought some books to 'test the water'. They were OK. Then I received a book with like 5 price stamps on it. When I requested a refund he sent me a freaking cheque! Never again. 'Sunny personality' lol ........you're being too kind.

1 hour ago, mrc said:

A long time ago

1 hour ago, mrc said:

When I requested a refund he sent me a freaking cheque!

1977 or so, that would've been fine.  But, he does have email and is computer literate.

At least it wasn't a postal order.