• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about BLBcomics / Robert Beerbohm

167 posts in this topic

I hope you get well soon, Bob!

(thumbs u

Thanks a heap - encouragement always helps - i am not about ripping any one off

i have an annoying (hopefully) temporary disability which i am working 10-14 hours a day at trying to get repaired

- am not there yet to have the piranha come out on my stuff, though we are going to have two 8 foot tables in the San Diego booth devoted to major discounting, move em out, all kinds of stuff from the 40s 50s 60s and 70s - i have almost nothing from the 80s on up

Robert Beerbohm Comic Art

PO Box 507 Fremont NE 68026

www.BLBcomics.com

eBaystore: BLB COMICS

ComicConnect http://www.comicconnect.com/?surl=19464

http://scoop.diamondgalleries.com/public/default.asp?t=1&m=1&c=34&s=262&ai=81492

01 402 727 4071 mostly 9 AM to 6 PM daily - Or Leave a message

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYyttEu_NLU&feature=relateß

Bob, your spam links show up twice, once in your posts and once in your Sig Line. Please put all of your info in your Sig line - those can be turned off. Thanks!

I picked up some fun books from Bob at WonderCon earlier this year, one was Our Gang with some Barks. A real pretty reader, and yes I read them!

Bob always has a great selection of books. Was it last year or the year before at SDCC that he had the Jerry Bail's All Stars? Man, I drooled over those for a long time.

Everyone should stop by and support Bob's booth and you can talk the history of comics while you are at it. A much nicer stop than many booths!

(thumbs u

(thumbs u

A great guy and a true believer in the importance of the comic book. All the best from a collector you've seen and talked to for twenty years, always once a year at SD.

And i look forward to talking with you again, as i cheerfully impart my knowledge and (hopefully) wisdom of the wonderful world of comics - though my kids roll their eyeballs sometimes when it turns to a story they have heard too many times before. :preach:

Once i get repaired, my major project will be completing my comics history book. Right now so much of the research is packed away in boxes, been a few years since i was collating at it all. Did not need these hip joints to break when they did and cause this (temp) slow down of my activities

I hope you get well soon, Bob!

(thumbs u

Thanks a heap - encouragement always helps - i am not about ripping any one off

i have an annoying (hopefully) temporary disability which i am working 10-14 hours a day at trying to get repaired

- am not there yet to have the piranha come out on my stuff, though we are going to have two 8 foot tables in the San Diego booth devoted to major discounting, move em out, all kinds of stuff from the 40s 50s 60s and 70s - i have almost nothing from the 80s on up

www.BLBcomics.com

http://scoop.diamondgalleries.com/public/default.asp?t=1&m=1&c=34&s=262&ai=81492

Bob, your spam links show up twice, once in your posts and once in your Sig Line. Please put all of your info in your Sig line - those can be turned off. Thanks!

What are up to, short_barrel?

I'm having a boring 4th, so keep those long rambling posts coming (thumbs u

Hi richard

they get rambling when my memories get jogged - that C&C Bobby London bag pic posted was a neat blast from the past - makes me want to be able to finish my comics history book - and share the lion's share of comics lore which i have researched and uncovered which remains not in any article etc as of yet.

Regarding these broken hip joints stemming from a van accident coming out of Houstoncon 72 (written up in BETWEEN THE PANELS in the entry called On the Road, mind you it is just D i c k Swan's account Steve Duin or Mike Richardson copied down at some after-hours San Diego party, and he was sleeping when we hit and there is so much more to the story, I have been in tighter spots than this before, like the 86 warehouse flooding aftermath, or Rick Griffin's death back in 91 - at least i know what the problem is and how to get it fixed

see you in Diego - i have stuff in the 40th Anniv hard cover they are publishing re memories of the early San Diego comicons, meeting some of the GA and SA pros who used to come every year when they were alive

Thanks for the head up - i knew that - been a while since i have been posting like this - though my po po feelings have been hurt when you called my gateway contact info spam :o

Here's a blast from the past... an actual bag I have from the 1970s. (thumbs u

And some light reading if you like comics history...

http://kleefeldoncomics.blogspot.com/2008/03/buy-robert-beerbohms-comics.html

Comics-and-Comix-bag.jpg

Heck, i still remember John Barrett and I taking the Comics & Comix logo art to the printer to get those bags made up - we were really proud of this London company logo he made for us - we paid him well for it also, it surpassing what we thought we were going to get - he got carried away with the art he produced, saying it was a good challenge to make work well

would love to get one back again from some one - would even trade some vintage comic book (now, not tooo much, please!) to reach that want list goal - i wonder how many of these bags still exist - we gave out many thousands of them with purchases

The bag's yours. I'll send it to you Monday. (thumbs u

-Shin

The bag's yours. I'll send it to you Monday. (thumbs u

-Shin

Thanks Shin - you coming thru San Diego in a couple weeks? if so, stop by,

and i thank you immensely as i recover my childhood as it were, twas 22 years old when we had Bobby London devise our corporate logo when i was a partner in Comics & Comix - various artifacts were made with it on it -

www.BLBcomics.com

Stumbled across yet another old Robert Beerbohm thread (shows up on a Google search), made even more interesting now that his egregious activities have been exposed, plus having been banned (as BLBcomics) from this Board, in addition to being placed into the Hall of Shame.

Stumbled across yet another old Robert Beerbohm thread (shows up on a Google search), made even more interesting now that his egregious activities have been exposed, plus having been banned (as BLBcomics) from this Board, in addition to being placed into the Hall of Shame.

Textbook Bob. Love his lengthy post on page 2 of this thread. Deja Bob all over again.

My dad is having a hard time getting a refund after an eBay purchase from this guy.

Bought about a dozen books but returned a few of them due to significant overgrading and loose centerfolds (despite being assured before bidding centerfolds were intact).

He agreed to the returns and got the books back almost immediately after purchase. He ignores any e-mail that does not threaten to escalate the issue through feedback and eBay's help. He has at least three times said the check is on the way.

Beerbohm is a fairly large dealer - he has a booth at San Diego this year - and so it has been odd. Has anyone else had problems or a reason the man has been unable to follow through.

He is a board member, but hasn't posted in a year and a half. I am sure I will get the money when discussing the issue in person in San Diego while he is trying to make a sale, however I'd rather just enjoy the SDCC.

fyi if you threaten negative feedback whether you're in the right or not that is considered feedback extortion and any negative fb left will be removed by ebay at seller's request or your ability to leave him fb will be blocked if he contacts them first. Bad sellers love messages like that because they now have a free pass. NOT SAYING THIS GUY IS A BAD SELLER.

My dad is having a hard time getting a refund after an eBay purchase from this guy.

Bought about a dozen books but returned a few of them due to significant overgrading and loose centerfolds (despite being assured before bidding centerfolds were intact).

He agreed to the returns and got the books back almost immediately after purchase. He ignores any e-mail that does not threaten to escalate the issue through feedback and eBay's help. He has at least three times said the check is on the way.

Beerbohm is a fairly large dealer - he has a booth at San Diego this year - and so it has been odd. Has anyone else had problems or a reason the man has been unable to follow through.

He is a board member, but hasn't posted in a year and a half. I am sure I will get the money when discussing the issue in person in San Diego while he is trying to make a sale, however I'd rather just enjoy the SDCC.

fyi if you threaten negative feedback whether you're in the right or not that is considered feedback extortion and any negative fb left will be removed by ebay at seller's request or your ability to leave him fb will be blocked if he contacts them first. Bad sellers love messages like that because they now have a free pass. NOT SAYING THIS GUY IS A BAD SELLER.

:roflmao: