• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Men2 Splash

271 posts in this topic

Hari

Congratulations on the new addition.

Good advice on asking everyone to relax and take a break for awhile.

:foryou:

Dan

Thanks for the update on the condition. I'm sure everyone would love to see a cleaner scan of the art if you have one available. I'm hoping Mike will have it at SDCC so I can see it in person.

Cheers!

N

Really wish I could go to SD, but we just had a baby (our first!) and that is taking all priority at the moment (for good reason!).

Congratulations!!! :applause:

All I want to say is....

Kirby X-Men Splash...are you kidding me....wow...super nice !

And I also would SO LOVE to see what else you guys own.

How do you get invited to one of those art gatherings in Hollywood...lol...

Honestly. Everyone appreciates art in their own way.

Different taste. Thank god there is different taste....

So. What do I need to do to get to one of those art gatherings....the one where you show the special pieces....????

You can PM me....

Bottom line is...it is without doubt a Great Piece Of "historical" art.

Thanks for sharing it. I appreciate it.

Whether it is marked at 150 K, 100K or 200 K.....or only to a few selected people.

Thanks and credit to Kirby for creating those pieces, without them we all would probalbly not be in this forum talking about them !!!

+1

No question great piece.

150k does seem high to me. Based only on my personal choice of how I'd spend my 150k spending spree. I've always been a covers over splash page kinda guy.

As far as splashes go I have to admit this one does kick some serious arse.

Which brings up a good question. What can you buy for 150k?

Can you buy a Frazetta painting?

What is the best cover one might hope for at 150K ?

How many Sandman covers can one hope for on a 150k spending spree?

For those who like newer grail pages how many Killing Joke or Watchmen pages would 150K get you?

Well, for 150K you can certainly get a lot of great stuff, regardless of your collecting preferences. That much is certain.

Thanks for the congrats, guys! I fully expect to be dragging him to the comic conventions once he's old enough, so you'll all be seeing him shortly!

congrats!!! :banana:

Thanks everyone. Yes, it certainly puts everything in perspective, at least for me. I've loved every minute of this hobby, but even I've been wrapped up in name-calling contests whether I've wanted to be dragged in or not. Something about this hobby seems to bring out the best and worst in people, and that only seems to get more dichotomous as prices escalate.

In the end, we all need to find a 'happy medium' (pun intended! :)

Hari

Thanks everyone. Yes, it certainly puts everything in perspective, at least for me. I've loved every minute of this hobby, but even I've been wrapped up in name-calling contests whether I've wanted to be dragged in or not. Something about this hobby seems to bring out the best and worst in people, and that only seems to get more dichotomous as prices escalate.

In the end, we all need to find a 'happy medium' (pun intended! :)

Hari

Yes, people dont like the price escalations

I have noticed that too

OPEN LETTER OF APOLOGY TO FELIX LU FROM JONATHAN MANKUTA:

Folks, the past 2 days on these boards have gotten quite heated between myself and Felix Lu...we've disagreed on who was right and who was wrong, we've dragged up dirty laundry and dragged each other through the mud with childish name calling and then some, that was probably best to not post on a public forum...or at all for two grown adults.

Fact is, Felix and I have MANY close mutual friends in this hobby who have pointed out to me, that this sort of bickering and name-calling and mutual accusations serves nobody in what's supposed to be a fun hobby, and to me, it usually is.

For Felix and I to have so many mutual friends must mean one thing:

All of our friends wouldn't be friends with us both if we were both real A--holes...and I find it hard to believe that is the case.

So I'm here taking the initiative to accept my share of responsibility in this waste of time and space on the boards, and to extend a personal outstretched hand of apology to Felix. I apologize for calling you names, I apologize if I put down any part of your collection, I apologize for saying some things you said were outright wrong when one or two of them turned out to be mis-understandings between a third party that I was mistaken about myself, and I'm coming on this board publicly to say it first:

I'm sorry Felix, and I hope our misunderstandings and bad blood can be put behind us so that we can rejoin our mutual friends in this hobby that we're both so passionate about (obviously)...passionate enough to argue like two wet wildcats...

I for one, said things I didn't mean, soley out of the initial reactionary anger of someone who felt he was being attacked/misjudged by someone who I don't personally know, and I for one, call it a misunderstanding that I hope to not see repeated. There's enough hatred out there in the world to go around, I for one, don't wish to have it between two collectors who share a love of comic art so much...

I hope we can be civil in our circles, if not friends, but as everyone else, I open my home to you as well if you wish to come to my next Hollywood art gathering, as your insight on art, as well as your collection would be welcome...

Again, my apologies to you and to all who had to waste time watching us fight.

Sincerely,

JONATHAN MANKUTA

Now can we get back to admiring the awesome beauty of the X-Men 2 splash (;-). Jonathan did you ever make a full size photocopy of the x2 splash because I would really love a copy as I won't be buying the original any time soon.

Clem