• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America slab (pedigree)...

18 posts in this topic

First :takeit: in the thread rules.

Payment methods: PayPal, money order, or check (must clear first).

Shipping: 9.00 (USPS Priority box w/ Delivery Confirmation); overseas shipping? we'll work something out.

Captain America #127 CGC 8.5 (WP)

Blue label. :smile:

White pages. :headbang:

Pedigree from the Buckeye state (:gossip: Ohio). :banana:

Cheap. :whatthe:

Former owner: board legend nik. :hail:

CAP121FC.jpg

CAP127BC.jpg

It has potential :whistle:
Yea, potential to sit in a cgc box for a good long while. I wont press a pedigree :sumo:

A truly refreshing comment from a collector who obviously loves comics.

While I am not against pressing per se, I agree that a pedigree should be left

in it's original state. I know that many noteworthy collections and pedigrees have been pressed. I just don't think it is right. If I am expected to pay a premium price for a pedigree I believe it is reasonable for me to expect it be in it's natural state.

It has potential :whistle:
Yea, potential to sit in a cgc box for a good long while. I wont press a pedigree :sumo:

A truly refreshing comment from a collector who obviously loves comics.

While I am not against pressing per se, I agree that a pedigree should be left

in it's original state. I know that many noteworthy collections and pedigrees have been pressed. I just don't think it is right. If I am expected to pay a premium price for a pedigree I believe it is reasonable for me to expect it be in it's natural state.

(worship):luhv:

I have many Ohio books and also many books from the Cleveland Collection. I find them nice books but overall, not of the quality and high grades of other pedigrees and named collections from the same time periods.

How do y'all find them, as compared to other collections and pedigrees which cover the same time period?

I have many Ohio books and also many books from the Cleveland Collection. I find them nice books but overall, not of the quality and high grades of other pedigrees and named collections from the same time periods.

How do y'all find them, as compared to other collections and pedigrees which cover the same time period?

I concur with your analysis. The Ohio copies don't seem to get the uber grades.

They usually have nice eye appeal but minor technical flaws.

The Cleveland Collection is not CGC recognized. I believe Dave Kapella brought this collection to market and issued certs. I don't think the grades on Cleveland

copies were consistently high either.

Well, I feel compelled now (from an ethical standpoint) to disrupt the recent dialogue in this thread...THE BOOK WAS PRESSED. By some guy named bhhooks22. I heard he was one of the top-notch pressing guys. And in the spirit of the pedigree, he even traveled from his home state of Texas to Ohio and performed the pressing outside a Waffle House.

I think The Resurrection will be more than pleased with the results.

:kidaround: