• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,060 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Just realized how cool the city looks below... is he flying over Manhattan? 

It would seemed to be with taking some liberties.

Shape of Manhattan island seems right as well as dock spaces on waterfront circa 1959 pre-World Trade Center area. Battery Park under Green Lantern's right leg looks correct though a bit expansive.

Only two lower East River bridges seen though (out of three real ones). Looks like they put a Central Park downtown where the two bridges run into Manhattan.

Never knew Queens and Brooklyn were so mountainous across the river! :insane:

45 minutes ago, DanCooper said:

It would seemed to be with taking some liberties.

Shape of Manhattan island seems right as well as dock spaces on waterfront circa 1959 pre-World Trade Center area. Battery Park under Green Lantern's right leg looks correct though a bit expansive.

Only two lower East River bridges seen though (out of three real ones). Looks like they put a Central Park downtown where the two bridges run into Manhattan.

Never knew Queens and Brooklyn were so mountainous across the river! :insane:

Very cool analysis

On 1/24/2020 at 5:58 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

Hi,

I am new to the boards but have been collecting and reading comics for almost 3 decades.

I was looking maybe to buy a SC22 and was wondering what is truly holding this book back in terms of value? It seems to have everything going for it (maybe I should buy one before opening my mouth). Is Green Lantern that much less popular than Flash?

Thanks.

Nowadays? he needs a hit movie.

Plus it's a relatively low volume book so sales can be all over the place in the mid grades... If I was still looking to buy, now is not a bad time.

17 hours ago, Batmanis#1 said:

Thanks. Will look into buying one. Sad that movies now have such a hold on value nowadays.

Well to be honest, if movies or other media like video games or TV/streaming bring more eyeballs (and new money) to vintage comics, I don’t see it as a bad thing... Otherwise dealers would just be selling to other dealers and market would be dead.

On 1/5/2020 at 8:45 PM, universal soldier said:

I think I posted this wayyy back in the thread but here mine. Picked it up raw early in the first movie hype. 

SC22graded.jpg

Difficult choice this past weekend but I let this one go. Bit of an oddball in my collection and I need to work my complete ASM run (5 issues to go!). I need to realize I can't own every book ever published

:insane: 

the 9.4 was slabbed between Oct and Dec 2019.  When it was auctioned it was the highest graded of a very tough book in HG.  so the existence of a better copy should affect the resale of the 9.2. However, as we all know, there's more going on out there in the world that can push the price down right now...

Census today:  9.4      9.2     four 9.0s    four 8.5s     (for reference, when I bought my 8.5 it was the highest graded and stayed near the top for a good while.)

However, in fairness and to notbe trashing someone's book, I'd love to upgrade with the 9.2.  Still sole 2nd best... (assuming its wise to be buying assets that are fading in value.)  So Ill prob sit on what I have.

and, checking the CGC analysis site doesn't appear that the 9.4 was an upgrade. There was a only minus 1 on the 8.5s and a new 9.0 since last July.  Of course someone could have squeaked an upgrade of the 9.2 to a 9.4 in the SAME month as a NEW 9.2 was slabbed!  Its not probable, but not impossible either. : )

4 minutes ago, Aman619 said:

and, checking the CGC analysis site doesn't appear that the 9.4 was an upgrade. There was a only minus 1 on the 8.5s and a new 9.0 since last July.  Of course someone could have squeaked an upgrade of the 9.2 to a 9.4 in the SAME month as a NEW 9.2 was slabbed!  Its not probable, but not impossible either. : )

Or someone re-subbed raw without remitting the old label..

56 minutes ago, Aman619 said:

Yeah.  Nice upgrade from 9.0 or 8.5!

Like that AF15 copy found in a Maine Summerhouse started at 7.0 and the last I saw it was an 8.5. Well maybe it's a 9.2 by now.