• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,060 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

Actually I thought the SC 4 CGC 5.5 would sell for at least $33k+.  A 5.0 recently sold for $30k.

Multiple 5.0s have sold st 30 (public and private)

On 5/30/2017 at 5:55 AM, Riddler said:

I figure it wouldn't hurt to post here as well but if anyone has a 7.5-8.0 copy they would be open to selling drop me a message!

7.5+ is extremely rare in the market place. A few of the earlier club entries may still have their copy. Good luck! :wishluck:

On 5/25/2017 at 8:52 PM, LaxThanatos said:

SUCCESS!!!! Here she is, my ticket to the club! Sadly, I won't get to put my hands on her till I get back from this deployment. I think a good press and grade are in order.

GL9.jpg

GL10.jpg

Welcome to the club and looks a lot better than the copy you were seeking. :wink:

2 hours ago, showcase22gr1959 said:

Welcome to the club and looks a lot better than the copy you were seeking. :wink:

Thanks, it was definitely worth waiting for and I couldn't believe my luck. I found the seller on Reddit and the post was over 4 months old but he still had it and I jumped on it! Those were the seller's pictures. Here are a couple pictures my wife sent me after it got home (I'm currently deployed), had to get it out of the polybag  and into a nice Mylite 2 and should be shipped off to get slabbed shortly. Presents really well but the spine is "meh" with some tears and weird holes but at least the cover is attached and the colors are nice :) Interested to see what grade it comes back in.

SC221-4.jpg

SC221-5.jpg

SC221-2.jpg

GL4.jpg

GL6.jpg

10 hours ago, LaxThanatos said:

Thanks, it was definitely worth waiting for and I couldn't believe my luck. I found the seller on Reddit and the post was over 4 months old but he still had it and I jumped on it! Those were the seller's pictures. Here are a couple pictures my wife sent me after it got home (I'm currently deployed), had to get it out of the polybag  and into a nice Mylite 2 and should be shipped off to get slabbed shortly. Presents really well but the spine is "meh" with some tears and weird holes but at least the cover is attached and the colors are nice :) Interested to see what grade it comes back in.

SC221-4.jpg

SC221-5.jpg

SC221-2.jpg

GL4.jpg

GL6.jpg

Still a very decent copy with great colors and the cover is still intact and not split. The colors just pop in this copy with the green glow.

44 minutes ago, LaxThanatos said:

$7200.

Total of 27 bids.

Weird the last CGC 6.0 sold at Heritage for a little over 9200$ before that sale and this sale for 7200$ it was selling for around 6700$ and before that in the 6000$ area. Book seems to be a bit all over the place in CGC 6.0.

Am I the only one who thinks this book is undervalued? Or am I blinded by nostalgia?

Update: Apologies, I was on my phone and didn't see the hundreds of pages of traffic on this thread. Apparently this conversation is already in the works. Disregard...

Edited by Callaway29