• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,060 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, SC22 said:
7 hours ago, LaxThanatos said:

$7200.

Total of 27 bids.

Weird the last CGC 6.0 sold at Heritage for a little over 9200$ before that sale and this sale for 7200$ it was selling for around 6700$ and before that in the 6000$ area. Book seems to be a bit all over the place in CGC 6.0.

The book is only 'all over the place' if you are micro analyzing prices like stock tickers, which is the biggest mistake most people make when they follow prices.

It's normal for there to be a variation in prices at auctions and there are reasons why.

For someone who has 'been following the hobby' and 'talked to many dealers' you seem to not know this.

9 hours ago, Callaway29 said:

Am I the only one who thinks this book is undervalued? Or am I blinded by nostalgia?

Update: Apologies, I was on my phone and didn't see the hundreds of pages of traffic on this thread. Apparently this conversation is already in the works. Disregard...

I think it is but some say it had a big boost a few years back but it seems to be now picking up again. It's a tough book in CGC 6.0 and higher and scarce in the lowers grades.

Edited by SC22

17 hours ago, SC22 said:

Weird the last CGC 6.0 sold at Heritage for a little over 9200$ before that sale and this sale for 7200$ it was selling for around 6700$ and before that in the 6000$ area. Book seems to be a bit all over the place in CGC 6.0.

The Heritage 6.0 has great eye appeal and presents very nicely and went for a premium. Not your average 6.0.

10 hours ago, Callaway29 said:

Am I the only one who thinks this book is undervalued? Or am I blinded by nostalgia?

Update: Apologies, I was on my phone and didn't see the hundreds of pages of traffic on this thread. Apparently this conversation is already in the works. Disregard...

Showcase 22 has been picking up steam the last year...top keys are holding there own or performing well.

2 hours ago, showcase22gr1959 said:

The Heritage 6.0 has great eye appeal and presents very nicely and went for a premium. Not your average 6.0.

Exactly. The CC copy looked a bit overgraded.

No clue. I looked at it when it was first listed as I am looking for a nice mid grade SC 22 right now but passed as it presented worse than the grade to me.

On 3/12/2017 at 2:20 AM, VintageComics said:

There was a time when nobody wanted a Showcase #4.

There was a time when GA was flat over a decade ago. I remember talking to another former dealer about it and wondering why GA was dead.

There was a time when Marvel #1 was the most valuable book in OSPG.

Whenever someone says  'always' I reminded by what my old shop teacher said: Never say never.

This would be common knowledge to someone with a collecting experience and close market watch of almost 30 years. Guess not, huh Roy.

Edited by Gotham Kid

48 minutes ago, showcase22gr1959 said:

The floor on a SC22 6.0 will be between 6000-6500..perhaps 7000 now.

The ship sailed on a $6000 price for pretty much any 6.0 copy more than a year ago.  If this copy fetches  $7200, and other, stronger presenting copies for the grade have gone for $8k-$9k+, I would be surprised if the next halfway decent looking 6.0 that comes up, whenever that might be, went for less than $7500.

-J.

44 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

The ship sailed on a $6000 price for pretty much any 6.0 copy more than a year ago.  If this copy fetches  $7200, and other, stronger presenting copies for the grade have gone for $8k-$9k+, I would be surprised if the next halfway decent looking 6.0 that comes up, whenever that might be, went for less than $7500.

-J.

Agree

1 hour ago, Jaydogrules said:

-J.

I'm being conservative with my old school approach. I agree, the ship have sailed for scoring a 6.0 cheap and will cost over $6000++...any new 6.0+ at auction will go strong. Mycomicshop just sold a 6.0 for $6800 a few days ago :gossip:.