• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,060 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, BoomCity said:

Can’t remember if I’ve shared this one here. Picked up off the boards. Have never felt the need to upgrade it because it’s got OW pages and presents as good as most 4-4.5s I’ve seen. 

D6D1B0B9-3DA1-4AE9-9CAB-578F0D14A617.jpeg

Very nice. Definitely does look does look darn good for its assigned grade.  :applause:

-J.

On 10/16/2017 at 8:17 PM, Callaway29 said:

This might be old news, but just noticing the 5.5 cr-ow that went for $7K in July. Things are looking up for SC22!

SC22 has a bright future great book (cover is awesome and a 10 cent cover to boost) and it is a scarcer SA key. I have mentioned in the past that I believe it is the most undervalued SA key at the moment. You can still get a 6.0 for less than 10 000$ that is pretty cheap compared to some other top key SA books that are actually easier to find.

Edited by SC22

I am not surprised based on how lenient they are with spine and corner creasing from time to time. This summer they were very loose with 6.0 and 6.5 grades IMHO. It has tightened up since then, but during the June through early August peak convention season they were letting a lot of creasing go on book.

1 minute ago, Dark Knight said:

You sure Doug paid $250k for it? Might have been negotiated for lower. 

I'm sure he negotiated lower, but not 100K lower. When you factor in HA's commission, ouch.

11 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

I'm sure he negotiated lower, but not 100K lower. When you factor in HA's commission, ouch.

That is a huge loss. Best to buy this type of book at auction to get it for the current going rate at that moment.

1 minute ago, SC22 said:
14 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

That is a huge loss.

Don't feel sorry for him. Most people won't.