• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,060 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, showcase22gr1959 said:
35 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Estimate of what an 8.5 would fetch ? 25/30 ?

7.5 will fetch 20K+....Don't know but can you find me an 8.5 for under 30K:takeit:

any recent sales in those grades (7.5 - 8.5) ?

Edited by Gotham Kid

1 hour ago, Gotham Kid said:

any recent sales in those grades (7.5 - 8.5) ?

No recent transactions at those grades in the last 4 years that are tracked through GPA.

Last 8.5 was sold in 2008 for $10.5k

Last 8.0 was sold in 2013 for $17.9k

Last 7.5 was sold in 2013 for $9.7k

5 hours ago, LaxThanatos said:

No recent transactions at those grades in the last 4 years that are tracked through GPA.

Last 8.5 was sold in 2008 for $10.5k

Last 8.0 was sold in 2013 for $17.9k

Last 7.5 was sold in 2013 for $9.7k

Thanks for providing the available GPA data. The 8.5 on the list resold later in 2011 for 32K, the 7.5 sold again in 2013 for 10.2k. A 7.5 sold a few years ago, for 15K on Comiclink. Currently,  there will be fierce competition for any SC22 in 7.0+ at auction due to the lack of 7.0+ copies in the market. 

Edited by showcase22gr1959

25 minutes ago, showcase22gr1959 said:

Thanks for providing the available GPA data. The 8.5 on the list resold later in 2011 for 32K, the 7.5 sold again in 2013 for 10.2k. A 7.5 sold a few years ago, for 15K on Comiclink. Currently,  there will be fierce competition for any SC22 in 7.0+ at auction due to the lack of 7.0+ copies in the market. 

Well that's a pretty good uphill trend :) Can't argue with those numbers.

11 hours ago, showcase22gr1959 said:

Would love to to you join this awesome club. :wishluck:

I exited a couple of years ago when I sold my last copy. My focus has switched back to GA Bats and Tecs now so I will not likely get another copy for a bit, unfortunately. It is still a favorite SA DC book of mine, but GA Bats and Tecs are so damn expensive now lol

1 hour ago, kimik said:

I exited a couple of years ago when I sold my last copy. My focus has switched back to GA Bats and Tecs now so I will not likely get another copy for a bit, unfortunately. It is still a favorite SA DC book of mine, but GA Bats and Tecs are so damn expensive now lol

SC22 is not top on your list enough for you. lol You know those other books will get you a sweet copy.

Not sure if anyone here bought the 6.5 copy off of eBay the other day for $4,399, but if you did, I am pretty sure that it was likely a scam (obviously a red flag just by the price).  If you search with the eBay listing's title in quotes on google, you can find the original listing for this book where it sold on eBay in 2011 for $6500 (same pics, same description).  It's on GPA right now, but I really don't think this was a legit sale.  If you look at the guy's feedback and recent sales, he is selling high end camera/music items (no other comics, no comic related feedback), and he actually got a positive feedback on an expensive sale recently, but I suspect that was very likely illegitimate as well (it was left by a 24 feedback buyer; click on the item and you can see that it was relisted and sold again.. so this was NOT an actual sale that went through.. don't let it fool you into thinking that he has actually sold/completed a $6200 sale recently).  Originally noticed this for selfish reasons, as I have a 6.5 copy myself and saw GPA take a nosedive.. but if you were the buyer on this one, I'd really look into it, as I am pretty sure this was a scam.  2c

Original sale from comicsvalue.com's site: http://www.comicsvalue.com/DC-Comics-Showcase-22-CGC-65-Off-White-Pages-1st-App-Silver-Age-Green-Lantern/110000035449.html.

eBay sale from a couple days ago: http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-Comics-Showcase-22-CGC-6-5-Off-White-Pages-1st-App-Silver-Age-Green-Lantern-/172737368327?hash=item2837f31107:g:1E0AAOSw-29ZRplT.

Edited by Action252Kid

8 hours ago, Action252Kid said:

Not sure if anyone here bought the 6.5 copy off of eBay the other day for $4,399, but if you did, I am pretty sure that it was likely a scam (obviously a red flag just by the price).  If you search with the eBay listing's title in quotes on google, you can find the original listing for this book where it sold on eBay in 2011 for $6500 (same pics, same description).  It's on GPA right now, but I really don't think this was a legit sale.  If you look at the guy's feedback and recent sales, he is selling high end camera/music items (no other comics, no comic related feedback), and he actually got a positive feedback on an expensive sale recently, but I suspect that was very likely illegitimate as well (it was left by a 24 feedback buyer; click on the item and you can see that it was relisted and sold again.. so this was NOT an actual sale that went through.. don't let it fool you into thinking that he has actually sold/completed a $6200 sale recently).  Originally noticed this for selfish reasons, as I have a 6.5 copy myself and saw GPA take a nosedive.. but if you were the buyer on this one, I'd really look into it, as I am pretty sure this was a scam.  2c

Original sale from comicsvalue.com's site: http://www.comicsvalue.com/DC-Comics-Showcase-22-CGC-65-Off-White-Pages-1st-App-Silver-Age-Green-Lantern/110000035449.html.

eBay sale from a couple days ago: http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-Comics-Showcase-22-CGC-6-5-Off-White-Pages-1st-App-Silver-Age-Green-Lantern-/172737368327?hash=item2837f31107:g:1E0AAOSw-29ZRplT.

You can contact GPA they will adjust .  I think That sale is definitely a scam.

2 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

Indeed.  I notified GPA and they have verified it as a scam and have removed it from their records.  

-J.

Awesome, thanks (and thanks to GPA!).  Hopefully the winning bidder on this lot catches on soon enough and gets a refund.

I'm not sure if this was discussed before but is there a reason why showcase 22 seem to have two different shades of green? I have 2 4.0s and one has a very bright green but page quality is cr-ow and the other seems like much darker forest green overall and the background blue seems more grayish but page quality is ow.

57 minutes ago, peterchizzle said:

I'm not sure if this was discussed before but is there a reason why showcase 22 seem to have two different shades of green? I have 2 4.0s and one has a very bright green but page quality is cr-ow and the other seems like much darker forest green overall and the background blue seems more grayish but page quality is ow.

It has nothing to do with page quality.

Some comics just have color variations in their respective print runs. SC #22 has two that I know of.

On 6/17/2017 at 11:23 PM, showcase22gr1959 said:

I sold a 7.5 (that I regret) for $13.5k in 2014.  I think there's going to be a brand new high end copy to market soon.  An 8.5 most likely and I think it will fetch a very high number, particularly because excellent color strike and page quality.  

On 2017-06-17 at 10:23 PM, kimik said:

When are you going to post some of these GA Bats and Tecs?:baiting:

On 7/1/2017 at 7:47 AM, Foolkiller said:

I sold a 7.5 (that I regret) for $13.5k in 2014.  I think there's going to be a brand new high end copy to market soon.  An 8.5 most likely and I think it will fetch a very high number, particularly because excellent color strike and page quality.  

:cry: Any news on this 8.5 copy yet? Have not seen it registered in the CGC census.