• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alan Moore Rarity?

30 posts in this topic

Hi there... so, I just cracked the plastic on the recent Alan Moore HC compilation of Swamp Thing 20-27... and, it's upside down.

Meaning, everything inside the book is upside down compared to the cover. To read it correctly, you would look to an observer in front of you as if you were holding the book wrong way up.

Anyone hear of this? Thoughts about rarity/value?

I know it's a misprint. And I'm not saying it SHOULD be worth anything. I just want to know whether it is. And whether it happened to lots of other copies. If anyone has any substantive replies, they'd be much appreciated.

I know it's a misprint. And I'm not saying it SHOULD be worth anything. I just want to know whether it is. And whether it happened to lots of other copies. If anyone has any substantive replies, they'd be much appreciated.

The copy that I have is fine - I asked at my LCS, and he said that he hadn't gotten any returns on the copies he's sold, so I'd assume that they were fine as well.

So, yes, it's probably rare - but not in any way valuable.

No, it's not worth anything because enough people have the good sense to not try and create desire for something that has no business being desirable.

Substantive enough for ya...?

No, it's not worth anything because enough people have the good sense to not try and create desire for something that has no business being desirable.

How long have you been on this board?

How long have you been on this board?

Couple of days or so...

;)

Stuff like this does sometimes get some decent money. There's more than a few guys on ebay who pay big for errors/ I sold a modern adventures of superman (forget the #) for over $100 a few years ago (had 3-4 different bidders up around that level) I want to say It had 2 outer covers, double pages, and a cover in the middle. It's been a while since i had it but it was one of the most Effed up books i have seen as far a production errors go. I sold a Punisher War Journal around the same time that had a cover that was put on inside out. I want to say that one got around $20-$25. There are a few people who collect this kind of stuff. if you put it at auction you might get lucky.

I'm not saying it doesn't.

I'm saying it shouldn't.

(thumbs u

It's just a matter of personal taste. People collect strange things. My mother sold a box of old mason jars and made a ridiculous amount of money for something i probably would have thrown out. I don't think a bunch of old jars should be worth anything, but there are some that do. I agree though. Some things people pay big money for have me scratching my head. It does happen though. Isn't that bloodshot 0 platinum in reality just a printing error? It's a similar situation with it being something that was unintentional....

I like your podcast BTW. It's at the top of my listening list. :)

You're comparing a normal item (mason jars) with a defective item. If a mason jar was made that had a hole in the bottom...it'd be thrown out, not sought after as an "error variant."

BS Platinum....well, as I've said elsewhere, I'm not so sure it was made by accident. Possible, and certainly even probable, but I don't believe so.

If it was a case of "running out of gold ink"...well, then, we'd certainly see variations, wouldn't we...? ;)

Thanks for listening to the podcast. Glad you enjoy it. Who are you on the other board?