• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alan Moore Rarity?

30 posts in this topic

I know it's a misprint. And I'm not saying it SHOULD be worth anything. I just want to know whether it is. And whether it happened to lots of other copies. If anyone has any substantive replies, they'd be much appreciated.

No, it's not worth anything because enough people have the good sense to not try and create desire for something that has no business being desirable.

Substantive enough for ya...?

Warning the following is an opinion, and in no way should be construed as fact despite the authors attempt to make it appear so.

I know it's a misprint. And I'm not saying it SHOULD be worth anything. I just want to know whether it is. And whether it happened to lots of other copies. If anyone has any substantive replies, they'd be much appreciated.

No, it's not worth anything because enough people have the good sense to not try and create desire for something that has no business being desirable.

Substantive enough for ya...?

Warning the following is an opinion, and in no way should be construed as fact despite the authors attempt to make it appear so.

lol

The above statement by me is, indeed, an opinion. Nowhere was that opinion presented as "fact", because it is self-evidently an opinion. A "disclaimer" is unnecessary.

That you would interpret it as "an attempt to make it appear as fact" is, therefore, soley a result of your own flawed and faulty reasoning (and could, perhaps, have been motivated by bias, which is the enemy of logic and reason), and not any attempt on my part, actual or imagined.

I certainly wouldn't be so foolish as to even try to present an opinion as fact, because I firmly know the difference between the two and, perhaps more importantly, I would be called on it by intelligent people.

"Strawberries are delicious" is also an opinion. Some people think strawberries are hideous. But does that mean the person saying "strawberries are delicious" is attempting to make it appear as a fact, because they didn't disclaim it as an opinion at the same time?

Don't be absurd. :screwy: Just because someone states an opinion strongly does not therefore mean that they are "attempting to make it appear as fact."

Are you this frightened of all such strongly worded opinions that you feel the need to "warn" people, in case they're too stupid too figure it out for themselves...?

lol

But hey, thanks for the opportunity to flex my logic and reasoning... (thumbs u

Oh, and it's spelled "author's"....let's not even address your punctuation. :roflmao:

:slapfight:

;)

What IS a fact, however, is that the item in question currently has no value "as an error."

Whether or not that's the result of good sense, or collectors just "haven't noticed it yet", one cannot say with absolute certainty, though I like to imagine it's the former.

(thumbs u

(And someone tell Homer that it's either "the preceding", or he forgot to follow up his disclaimer... lol )