• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The ICE STORM SALE: a gajillion TPBs...

210 posts in this topic

Best bang for your buck would have been an Essential TPB; however if you want a pretty good Modern read for the price:

Incredible Hulk Return of the Monster V1 (v2 34-39) - Cover Price $12.99 - Yours for $6.50

Bruce Jones wowed us all when this one came out...

Have you read the Dark Phoenix TPB you were talking about before?

Nope. But it's $11.00. The others are cheaper. Is it worth $11? (budget... miniscule... cannot... indulge)

How's this, I'll pick up the tab and you can work on Lighthouse for the shipping. grin.gif

Best bang for your buck would have been an Essential TPB; however if you want a pretty good Modern read for the price:

Incredible Hulk Return of the Monster V1 (v2 34-39) - Cover Price $12.99 - Yours for $6.50

Bruce Jones wowed us all when this one came out...

"Would have been?" Are they all gone? They would've been fun to color.

So when did the hulk stories come out? Recently?

Nope. But it's $11.00. The others are cheaper. Is it worth $11? (budget... miniscule... cannot... indulge)

How's this, I'll pick up the tab and you can work on Lighthouse for the shipping. grin.gif

I couldn't do that. Unless you want to trade something. I've got autographed Byrne stuff, or scripts.

I couldn't do that. Unless you want to trade something. I've got autographed Byrne stuff, or scripts.

Nah, purely out of the goodness of my heart. That way you can buy something else cheap and get 2 for 1. That storyline is pretty good and comes highly recommended. thumbsup2.gif

Nah, purely out of the goodness of my heart. That way you can buy something else cheap and get 2 for 1. That storyline is pretty good and comes highly recommended. thumbsup2.gif

He seems to have a lot of essential Spidey -- that would give me a good intro to that character. And if I got the Hulk book Darth mentioned, that would be the triumverate.

I'm going to be pitching a book that includes pieces on Spider-Man, X-Men, and Hulk, so I need to get to know those characters. And truth is, I've always wanted to read Dark Phoenix. Joe, I'm going to take you up on that incredibly generous offer. I thank you most sincerely. I'll let you know what I think about the story as soon as I read it. I'll probably have some questions, not knowing what came before.

-- Joanna

What about me? frown.gif

Okay, I've PM'd House with the plan, so you send your picks in and he'll toss the Dark Phoenix trade into the package.

Too bad the Frank Miller DD ones are gone, as that's another highly recommended story.

Okay, I've PM'd House with the plan, so you send your picks in and he'll toss the Dark Phoenix trade into the package.

Too bad the Frank Miller DD ones are gone, as that's another highly recommended story.

This is SO cool! If the book sells, I'll put you in the acknowledgements.

This is SO cool! If the book sells, I'll put you in the acknowledgements.

WRONG ! WRONG! WRONG!

You mean WHEN the book sells! thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gifflowerred.gif

WRONG ! WRONG! WRONG!

You mean WHEN the book sells! thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gifflowerred.gif

Oops, you're right. Well, it's already been turned down by one publisher, but that doesn't mean anything. If at first you don't succeed...