• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The ICE STORM SALE: a gajillion TPBs...

210 posts in this topic

Nah, purely out of the goodness of my heart. That way you can buy something else cheap and get 2 for 1. That storyline is pretty good and comes highly recommended. thumbsup2.gif

I'm going to be pitching a book that includes pieces on Spider-Man, X-Men, and Hulk, so I need to get to know those characters. And truth is, I've always wanted to read Dark Phoenix. Joe, I'm going to take you up on that incredibly generous offer. I thank you most sincerely. I'll let you know what I think about the story as soon as I read it. I'll probably have some questions, not knowing what came before.

-- Joanna

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

...and in case I happen to win Lighthouse's Name-the-Wall-Books contest, I'll be happy to share a portion of my freebies to the libraries of Joanna AND Joe_Collector. Only thing, Joe, it'll be my choice devil.gif of primo DC material for you! cloud9.gif Hmmm... Grant Morrison JLA Moderns? Neal Adams Batman? Silver Age JLA/JSA pre-Crisis? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

And, at the risk of taking food off the plate of our generous benefactor Mr. House, let me just remind people to check out their local public library. Librarians are these days trying hard to motivate kids to read books of any kind (they worry about the same things our comics crash theorists here do-- all the distractions kids today face from reading anything ) A librarian was in my LCS last week making arrangments to buy comics TPBs to go on the stacks!

Please note that my focus group 8 year old and his friends DEVOUR Ultimate Spider-Man and Sojourn, especially the Sojourn trades. There's your comic picks for 2025. Buy early Sojourns!

I'll let you know what I think about the story as soon as I read it. I'll probably have some questions, not knowing what came before.

-- Joanna

I've written pretty detailed reviews of Uncanny X-Men #104-109 (I've posted a couple on the boards in the past). If you're interested in reading them (as research or just for fun) let me know and I'll e-mail them to you.

I am excited to announce that with JC's help, I was able to get 3 books! The Dark Phoenix Saga, the Essential Spider-Man, and the Hulk Monster book. This should help acquaint me with these 3 key characters. And I can finally tell John what I thought of Dark Phoenix! Bonus! (He once sent me a Fantastic Four tpb just so that I would know who he was talking about. Trial of Galactus. Good story. I'd never heard of Galactus and it drove him nuts).

At this point, I don't think I'll need any others, because I'm just writing the pitch. When I have to write the actual book, I'll come running to you guys for suggestions, I'm sure. But that's a long way off. It takes forever for a book to go from the pitch stage to the actual writing.

I want to thank everyone who made suggestions, and special thanks to 'House and Vince, who made it possible.

-- Joanna

*BUMP*

Because I have it on good authority that another truck will be rolling through town on Wednesday... and me and the boyz have plans to lighten its load...

No idea what will be there. But there's bound to be something good! thumbsup2.gif

No idea what will be there. But there's bound to be something good! thumbsup2.gif

I ain't buying til my current shipments come in. sumo.gif

Please tell me you haven't regressed to old shipping habbits, House.. tell me it ain't so. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I ordered that Sojourn trade for you on the 16th... and I guess it just missed the truck out of Memphis, because it's not on this week's invoice. So I should get it on the 4th...

I was surprised to see Global Frequency #11 is finally on my invoice... That book was solicited back in June... confused-smiley-013.gif

I ordered that Sojourn trade for you on the 16th... and I guess it just missed the truck out of Memphis, because it's not on this week's invoice. So I should get it on the 4th...

I was surprised to see Global Frequency #11 is finally on my invoice... That book was solicited back in June... confused-smiley-013.gif

Where are my freebies?

Where are my freebies?

Huh? confused.gifconfused-smiley-013.gifconfused.gifconfused-smiley-013.gifconfused.gif

Where are my freebies?

Huh? confused.gifconfused-smiley-013.gifconfused.gifconfused-smiley-013.gifconfused.gif

Oh...nothing. Just a random rambling as per usual! sorry.gif

Where are my freebies?

I see... well in that case, they are on the way... you might want to go wait for them at the Toys R Us...

Where are my freebies?

I see... well in that case, they are on the way... you might want to go wait for them at the Toys R Us...

shocked.gif

Where are my freebies?

shocked.gif

Is this anything like the package I was instructed NOT to open at Chuck E. Cheese's??!!?!? 893whatthe.gif WHERE'S YOUR NEW AVATAR I SENT YOU?!?!?!?

Where are my freebies?

shocked.gif

Is this anything like the package I was instructed NOT to open at Chuck E. Cheese's??!!?!? 893whatthe.gif WHERE'S YOUR NEW AVATAR I SENT YOU?!?!?!?

Your guess is as good as mine... given that you never sent me an avatar... confused-smiley-013.gif

Where are my freebies?

shocked.gif

Your guess is as good as mine... given that you never sent me an avatar... confused-smiley-013.gif

Boy, I'm surprised that you decided to show your face considering the debacle that happened today with your beloved Ducks! frown.gif