The ICE STORM SALE: a gajillion TPBs...
2 2

210 posts in this topic

5,969 posts
I ordered that Sojourn trade for you on the 16th... and I guess it just missed the truck out of Memphis, because it's not on this week's invoice. So I should get it on the 4th...

I was surprised to see Global Frequency #11 is finally on my invoice... That book was solicited back in June... confused-smiley-013.gif

Where are my freebies?

Huh? confused.gifconfused-smiley-013.gifconfused.gifconfused-smiley-013.gifconfused.gif

Oh...nothing. Just a random rambling as per usual! sorry.gif

I see... well in that case, they are on the way... you might want to go wait for them at the Toys R Us...

shocked.gif

Is this anything like the package I was instructed NOT to open at Chuck E. Cheese's??!!?!? 893whatthe.gif WHERE'S YOUR NEW AVATAR I SENT YOU?!?!?!?

Your guess is as good as mine... given that you never sent me an avatar... confused-smiley-013.gif

Boy, I'm surprised that you decided to show your face considering the debacle that happened today with your beloved Ducks! frown.gif

Ever since Aaron Brooks broke his wrist, the best we can hope for is to finish 5th in the conference and hope to sneak an at-large bid... confused-smiley-013.gif

And given that we won in Tempe for the first time in four years, I think Ernie Kent is happy to end up with a split on the desert road trip...

59,456 posts
I ordered that Sojourn trade for you on the 16th... and I guess it just missed the truck out of Memphis, because it's not on this week's invoice. So I should get it on the 4th...

I was surprised to see Global Frequency #11 is finally on my invoice... That book was solicited back in June... confused-smiley-013.gif

Where are my freebies?

Huh? confused.gifconfused-smiley-013.gifconfused.gifconfused-smiley-013.gifconfused.gif

I see... well in that case, they are on the way... you might want to go wait for them at the Toys R Us...

shocked.gif

Is this anything like the package I was instructed NOT to open at Chuck E. Cheese's??!!?!? 893whatthe.gif WHERE'S YOUR NEW AVATAR I SENT YOU?!?!?!?

Your guess is as good as mine... given that you never sent me an avatar... confused-smiley-013.gif

Boy, I'm surprised that you decided to show your face considering the debacle that happened today with your beloved Ducks! frown.gif

Ever since Aaron Brooks broke his wrist, the best we can hope for is to finish 5th in the conference and hope to sneak an at-large bid... confused-smiley-013.gif

And given that we won in Tempe for the first time in four years, I think Ernie Kent is happy to end up with a split on the desert road trip...

So...is Aaron Brooks gonna make a late season comeback and be as ineffective as Kenny Smith was with UNC back in 1984? frown.gif

12,808 posts

Where are my freebies?

shocked.gif

Yes I did. It just wasn't electronic. ::sigh::

5,969 posts

Where are my freebies?

shocked.gif

Yes I did. It just wasn't electronic. ::sigh::

foreheadslap.gif Ohhhhhhhhh.... THAT avatar...

Hmmm... yes... well... I am fairly certain it would violate at least three of the rules here on the boards... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

And I must say, you have very pretty penmanship... in fact it's a dead ringer for Joanna's... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

12,808 posts

(Note To Self: Kill 'House in next "Crisis" installment.)

(Sub-Note To Self: Don't actually post this or they will know that you are Joanna.)

5,969 posts

In the spirit of the movie Demolition Man...

All posters are Joanna!

4,682 posts

All posters are Joanna!

But the real question is, am I Joanna? Hmmmm? Ever think of that?

12,808 posts

All posters are Joanna!

If you are Joanna, and everyone is Joanna, how could you not be?

Now, if I weren't Joanna and you were Joanna then clearly no one could all be Joanna and thus everyone is not Joanna, but some are Joanna.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

4,682 posts

All posters are Joanna!

Now, if I weren't Joanna and you were Joanna then clearly no one could all be Joanna and thus everyone is not Joanna, but some are Joanna.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I may need to retire this account and just post on my Khaos, Donut, Lighthouse, Hammer, etc. shills.

59,456 posts

All posters are Joanna!

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I may need to retire this account and just post on my Khaos, Donut, Lighthouse, Hammer, etc. shills.

hi.gifangel.gif

12,808 posts

All posters are Joanna!

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

hi.gifangel.gif

Woo! It always feels good to put on my Khaos costume! He's so big and muscle-y and dynamic! cloud9.gif

59,456 posts

All posters are Joanna!

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

hi.gifangel.gif

Woo! It always feels good to put on my Khaos costume! He's so big and muscle-y and dynamic! cloud9.gif

acclaim.gif

4,682 posts

All posters are Joanna!

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

hi.gifangel.gif

Heh, I crack me up.

12,808 posts

All posters are Joanna!

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

hi.gifangel.gif

Heh, I crack me up.

sign-funnypost.gif Hey! Look at that... I really do!

5,969 posts

*BUMP*

Now that my Joanna and Khaos shills are through with their lovefest, I can get back to the business of jacking trucks for their sequential art payloads... sumo.gif

"Da pickins wuz gud las' nite!... We hit dat der truck hard, an dis time we dint git no Spidey 5's..."*

Got lots of different Essentials this time... plus a plethora of fine reading material...

Pics and prices to follow shortly... Mmmmm... Essentials... cloud9.gif

*note to self: find new guy to wield the tire iron... bubba just isn't cutting it...

37,595 posts

Just an FYI that I got a HUGE MOFO of TPBs in the mail today. thumbsup2.gif

I immediately cracked open the Avengers-Defenders War and loved every bit of it. That was when comics were fun, and you could tell the creators were having a real hoot.

P.S. Joanna, how did you find the X-Men Trade? I bought another one for my nephew, but since this edition has the original covers, though a worse TPB cover, I'm undecided which edition to send. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

And WTF is up with the cover to Daredevil Visionaries? 893whatthe.gif Was Miller on crack when he drew it?

0785107576.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

4,682 posts

P.S. Joanna, how did you find the X-Men Trade? I bought another one for my nephew, but since this edition has the original covers, though a worse TPB cover, I'm undecided which edition to send. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I haven't gotten my package yet. There was a small delay in the sending as we worked out some stuff, Zonker then added another book when he won the contest, and I wrote an episode of Crisis to get free shipping. I'm sure they'll show up soon. I'll let you know!

-- Joanna

37,595 posts

Hey, no problem, as I just thought you'd have yours before someone in the frozen north. grin.gif

I was very impressed with the presentation, as the color and paper is nice, and the presence of the original covers is a nice touch, and was not included in the original TPB printing.

I really dislike when publishers try and save a few pennies by not including the cover images, and I may end up keeping the newer edition because of it.

20,875 posts

this ones alright, but yes, his style is not evolving for the better, i think anime has gotten the better of him. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

377897-dd-top.jpg

377897-dd-top.jpg.410daad22f3f0e7dead57885c35527ce.jpg

37,595 posts

That DD/Elektra picture is a classic compared to thin-waisted, HUGE hands DD on the cover of the Visionaries TPB.

I really can't believe Marvel allowed that cover to be used, as I'm embarassed to have it showing on my bookshelf.