• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slabs just in from CGC! 2 days only, 9.4,9.6,9.8 Bronze!

29 posts in this topic

Are these all from the same original owner? It amazes me how people can store comics in such perfect condition for so many years. The comics I bought off the newstands in the late 70's/early 80's are probably avg 8.0 - 9.2, mostly 8.0's, despite my attempts to keep them in great condition. I am sure I have no 9.8's, and maybe only a couple of 9.6's out of a couple of hundred comics. Is my experience typical? Or are there collectors who were older during that time period and kept their comics in better condition?

Are these all from the same original owner? It amazes me how people can store comics in such perfect condition for so many years. The comics I bought off the newstands in the late 70's/early 80's are probably avg 8.0 - 9.2, mostly 8.0's, despite my attempts to keep them in great condition. I am sure I have no 9.8's, and maybe only a couple of 9.6's out of a couple of hundred comics. Is my experience typical? Or are there collectors who were older during that time period and kept their comics in better condition?

Bob Siman's original owner Hulk 181 was a 9.4 and a 9.6 with a press.

Bob Siman's original owner Hulk 181 was a 9.4 and a 9.6 with a press.

Age has its rewards. :grin: