• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Marvel Picture Frame books
21 21

4,764 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, underthebigw said:

So, here's a real puzzler.  I sub very few books.  Found this at WW Philly about 10 years ago, $5 box.  Not only did I and multiple boardees look at it, but so did some of the tighter-grading dealers we know.  Thought it was an easy 9.2, maybe a 9.4.  Somewhere there's a magical "stain" no one can see.  

Oh yeah, one of my all time PF and Kane covers.

IMG_1656.jpg

If you subbed this yourself, you should be able to check the grader's notes. I'd be curious what they say.

1 hour ago, Ghost Town said:

If you subbed this yourself, you should be able to check the grader's notes. I'd be curious what they say.

Yeah, I did. They claim there’s a stain on it. No way. Backs super clean also. 

26 minutes ago, namisgr said:

Wowie kazowie, that's a sweet copy!  The top census 158 isn't too shabby either.   (worship)

Thanks.  I've probably told the story before.  The 158 was from one of Chuck's sales, before he realized that high grade westerns had any real demand.  Got it for a song--the cost of slabbing, maybe a bit more.  The next sale, I bought a bunch of slabs from him, and they mysteriously went out of stock a week later and couldn't be shipped.  They later reappeared on the site.  On the 162. at the start of the 3rd NYCC, I walked over to Al Stoltz's booth and he announced he had something for me.  Said he pulled it out of a box and couldn't believe it. Went right to CGC.  Unpressed, essentially perfect as is.  Just a gorgeous book.

On 10/03/2018 at 1:57 PM, underthebigw said:

OK, some more Chicago books (I think), going back to 2007 or so. Including another copy of SME 4.  This copy has to have the best production quality of any copy of this issue I've ever seen.  No ink issues, no transfer and super glossy.  Too bad it spent most of it's life mistreated in a long box of unwanted reprints.  I'm fairly sure I never scanned this, since I didn't even remember I had it.

CCI03102018.jpg

You don't often see this book in that sort of condition. (worship)

11 hours ago, picon3 said:

This arrived today.  Looks nicer in hand than in the single photo on the site.

Please excuse the photo instead of a scan. 

DSCN1761 (2).JPG

Love the book but the car is awesome!!!!