• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Marvel Picture Frame books
21 21

4,764 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, namisgr said:

This book eluded me for a very long time.

00526122396000110750194009.jpg

I think much of the attraction of the Marvel picture frame books is all the great cover art, and Gil Kane's stuff never fails to impress. He was a master anatomist, just like Burne Hogarth who might very well have drawn another better-known jungle hero in much the same pose...  :whistle:

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 5:20 AM, batmiesta said:

That's a lovely book Joey, (Hulk #150) doesn't seem to show up often in HG, is it one you subbed or did you buy it stabbed?

Picked it up from Richie Evans in Charlotte. 

Great story, Barton, thanks for sharing it.  That the reunion took 20 years makes it that much better in the end.  And the books are really sweet!  The Oakland original owner had a great eye for picture frame Marvels, with the ones I've seen being like yours with covers registered straight and almost always perfectly front-to-back right along the spine.  Of course, the care he took with preserving so many books is also remarkable.

Edited by namisgr

2 hours ago, Ghost Town said:

I picked up some more Oakland books without subjecting myself to 3 plus hours on the subway.  I picked up the Amazing Adventures #9 and #10 at the Chicago Con about a week or so later. 

29178591763_ee5ea6b2f7.jpg

A nice copy of this issue has eluded me for so long.  Yours is exceptionally great, by far the nicest I can recall ever seeing.

Lots of beauties there, Bob. It's amazing that the Oakland MTU #1, 2, and 3 are all 9.8s.

I can't think of many other collections that are such a great source of Picture Frames, especially with the romance, humor, and reprint titles.

Maybe the Suscha News collection comes close. But I've never seen any Suscha romance or humor books.

The Savannah collection seemingly had everything but also had page quality problems.

The Don Rosa collection had Westerns and reprints but I don't think Don bought the romance or kids books. (Though I hope I'm wrong about this.)