• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Marvel Picture Frame books
21 21

4,776 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, Ghost Town said:

Really sharp books, Bob. And that’s pretty great about Gary’s family being at the auction, even if the circumstances leading to it were absolutely horrible.

Yeah, it was back in 2012 and I've forgotten some of the details, so I just looked back a bit through the Heritage archives.  The biggest ticket books at the time were the ASM #4 in 9.6 which sold for $77K, followed by the ASM #2 in 9.6 selling for $66K.  All told, 15 comics sold for at least $20K.  I remember the family being stunned, and thinking how cool it was that this guys lifetime fascination with comic books could leave such a valuable inheritance for his survivors.

Edited by namisgr

Those Western Pennsylvania comics are all gorgeous.  I've had an especially hard time finding a well centered high grade Thor #206, and definitely envy that beautiful one.

For those of us who don't have scans of all our slabs on hand already, it's hard to keep up with the pace here.  :wink:

This is my one and only Western Pennsylvania picture frame Marvel.  It's a sweet unicorn (1 of 1):

Hulk145WPA.JPG.20a3a33fa781819f559624b1bfb83ca8.JPG

Edited by namisgr

9 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

Thor 206 -- Comparing it to the Western Penn I see what you mean about centering. Does CGC detract for that?  Otherwise my copy is square.

I don't think CGC detracts for centering, at least in any significant way,

8 hours ago, Ghost Town said:

The Golden State Collection was never recognized by CGC as a pedigree because Dan Greenhalgh from Showcase New England didn't keep a master list or issue certificates with the books. I somehow convinced my then girlfriend to borrow her mother's car and drive me from NYC to Wallingford Connecticut to get a shot at the books.  I bought 129 books that day

29806511415_edefae6fee.jpg

That was a pretty good day, Barton!  :applause:

I especially love your awesome Golden State copy of this comic, the first Hulk I bought off the rack, read, and saved as a senior in high school back in the Spring of '72.

Edited by namisgr