• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Marvel Picture Frame books
22 22

4,777 posts in this topic

Apparently there's still madness to be found at 9.8.  In the ongoing CLink auction, a Hero For Hire #1 sold for $31,000, while a Shanna #1 went for over $1300.  Both are great looking copies, but... wow.

I'd look up on GPA whether these were record sales, but the new site is a bear to navigate.  Click, then click, then click, then click some more.

Edited by namisgr

3 hours ago, namisgr said:

Apparently there's still madness to be found at 9.8.  In the ongoing CLink auction, a Hero For Hire #1 sold for $31,000, while a Shanna #1 went for over $1300.  Both are great looking copies, but... wow.

I'd look up on GPA whether these were record sales, but the new site is a bear to navigate.  Click, then click, then click, then click some more.

Hi,

I was just wondering, does GPA even keep track of C-Link sales?  Purchases and auctions I've made on C-Link in the past never seem to be reflected in the GPA Sales History.

Thank you.

4 hours ago, namisgr said:

I've been watching this action for quite a while now. I suspect it is a very limited number of PF collectors driving up prices for top-tier books to flush out high-grade collections (remember when Brulato was paying nosebleed prices for 9.8s?). In my opinion the prices are short-term and not sustainable. That said, the action has more than likely attracted manipulators which will eventually create more supply than demand, especially for some of the more esoteric titles. Just my 2c

And I agree with you, Bob. The new GPA site is a clicking disappointment!

Hope all is well with you Framers out there!  :hi:

On 11/26/2019 at 5:30 PM, djpinkpanther67 said:

These are NOT my books 😫

These are the books @Shivabali won in the JS Comics auction, and was cool to share the CGC grading results

These are great! The bummer is that it only reminds me of the box of HG Marvel westerns (including many PFs) I lost in the 2005 flood . . . :sorry:

56 minutes ago, workingdog said:

Hi,

I was just wondering, does GPA even keep track of C-Link sales?  Purchases and auctions I've made on C-Link in the past never seem to be reflected in the GPA Sales History.

Thank you.

Clink doesn’t report their sales to GPA

And so the quest ends with 340 picture frame issues, a few in cgc 9.2 condition but most in higher grades.  Today I've begun the slow process of liquidating the collection, turning it over to other collectors to enjoy and adding more money to our retirement nest egg.  Two titles have been sold, with plans to bring more to market in 2020 in complete runs, using one or more auction formats.

This title sold so quickly that I haven't had time to scan most of it.

Av93cgc.thumb.jpg.97bd9f6f83dc2db51a108c63de3f8e7a.jpg

Av94cgc.thumb.jpg.8cebe2d459d501a51c7cb629b852bde9.jpg

Av95cgc.thumb.jpg.7db1dc440aba32bdbaf93b6d5b53f24d.jpg

Edited by namisgr