• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Marvel Picture Frame books
21 21

4,764 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, namisgr said:

Pedigrees represented: Suscha News, Massachusetts, Twin Cities, Oakland, Don Rosa, Fantucchio.

RAD5D56A2020821_141221.jpg RAD8BAFD2020821_141351.jpg RADA874B2020821_141542.jpg

RAD9249B2020821_141918.jpg RAD776032020821_142057.jpg RAD51F962020821_142954.jpg

RAD48F332020821_14346.jpg RAD860A72020821_143525.jpg RADF58932020821_13169.jpg

I really enjoy these Gil Kane covers later in the Subby run. 47, 49 and 52 in particular. But #48 is my favorite.

For me, Bill Everett's inks worked well with Kane's pencils.

Gorgeous copies, Bob!!!!

On 9/1/2020 at 9:35 PM, batmiesta said:

Your MS#5 looks ultra sharp, I think it will top the price of the last one sold. 

So this morning I got an offer on the book to buy it pre-auction for the amount that the last one sold for.  Given that the last one had c/ow pages and mine has white pages and appears to be nicer than the assigned grade, I turned it down.

I, too, now think it will top the record price for the issue.

Edited by namisgr

11 hours ago, namisgr said:

So this morning I got an offer on the book to buy it pre-auction for the amount that the last one sold for.  Given that the last one had c/ow pages and mine has white pages and appears to be nicer than the assigned grade, I turned it down.

I, too, now think it will top the record price for the issue.

I think you made the right choice. 

Bob, how do you actually feel about getting rid of these beauty's ? These aren't all off the rack are they? So it must have taken you ages to accumulate such a awesome collection and now you are parting with it, I sold the vast amount of my collection about 20 years ago and I have regretted it ever since, :cry: just wondering how you feel about it.

2 hours ago, batmiesta said:

Bob, how do you actually feel about getting rid of these beauty's ? These aren't all off the rack are they? So it must have taken you ages to accumulate such a awesome collection and now you are parting with it, I sold the vast amount of my collection about 20 years ago and I have regretted it ever since, :cry: just wondering how you feel about it.

I've spent the past 10 years selling off my collection, so I feel good about parting with the last of the slabbed collection.  We want the money rather than the comics to leave in an inheritance, and need to downsize our belongings for future moves.  Virtually all of the slabbed picture frame collection I have now was bought secondhand, as very few of the comics I bought in '72 survived in pristine shape.  So my nostalgic attachment is instead with the raw picture frame collection still in my possession, over 250 books strong and including many of my original copies.  

Selling off has been interesting.  It was hard to do at first and had a different motivation - to bail out of the Silver Age collecting habit owing to the impossibility of building nice runs of unpressed books.  After the first couple titles were sold, it became progressively easier.  Now it's been a breeze, with fresh motivation and the enjoyable outcomes of the auctions so far, which have exceeded my expectations by some measure.

After this one, there'll be just one more auction to go.  Then I can turn my attention to the smaller collections of magazines and rock concert posters, neither of which is all that valuable but which ultimately will need to be cleared out.

Edited by namisgr

Glad to hear that Bob, your collection is something to behold and has inspired me.  Did you sell your collection of JIM on here about 10 or so years ago? I remember seeing it and thinking wow, but cannot remember  if it was you or someone else. 

2 hours ago, batmiesta said:

Glad to hear that Bob, your collection is something to behold and has inspired me.  Did you sell your collection of JIM on here about 10 or so years ago? I remember seeing it and thinking wow, but cannot remember  if it was you or someone else. 

All the silver age Marvel superhero runs: ASM, Avengers, FF, Hulk, JIM/Thor, Strange Tales, TTA, TOS, X-Men.  They along with a near complete run of Gold Key Dr. Solar were sold using multiple venues, fixed price consignment (Highgrade Comics), the Boards, and auction houses.  The JIMs were auctioned by ComicLink and the Thor run was sold here on the Boards.  I also sold off most of the post-picture frame unslabbed Bronze and Copper Marvel and DC comics, many of which were bought when new, eight longboxes to a single buyer.

Edited by namisgr