• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Marvel Picture Frame books
21 21

4,776 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Ghost Town said:

I had a tough time believing my eyes when I saw this on eBay. And I was thrilled that it was still available when I navigated over to reececomics.com

I'm pretty sure I started chasing the 25¢ Picture Frame books in 2009. I already owned all the hero books but little did I know what a challenge it would be to find all the books in 9.4 or better.

As most of us here know, the romance, Westerns, and reprint books like SME #4 are not so easy to find in high grade. Turns out it just takes a lot of due diligence, a decent chunk of change, and about 11 years.

50899293471_343dd12f84_h.jpg

No cgc notation of Stan and Kirby/Colletta?

On 2/1/2021 at 12:48 PM, Ghost Town said:

I had a tough time believing my eyes when I saw this on eBay. And I was thrilled that it was still available when I navigated over to reececomics.com

I'm pretty sure I started chasing the 25¢ Picture Frame books in 2009. I already owned all the hero books but little did I know what a challenge it would be to find all the books in 9.4 or better.

As most of us here know, the romance, Westerns, and reprint books like SME #4 are not so easy to find in high grade. Turns out it just takes a lot of due diligence, a decent chunk of change, and about 11 years.

50899293471_343dd12f84_h.jpg

I'm so glad you were the one that picked this up!

20 hours ago, Ghost Town said:

Yup. That was one of many PF books that went for some very respectable prices. 

17 hours ago, batmiesta said:

Anything in 9.8 seems to be going crazy, is it actually collectors buying these?  (shrug)

That DD86 9.8 did pretty well! Last sale was 2012 for < 1k

1 minute ago, namisgr said:

Any sales figures you guys could share?  :wink:

Just off the top of my head here...

I believe the last DD86 went for ~986 9.8 nine years ago. It went north of 4k Wednesday. ASM 107 9.8 never reached 1k other than one auction got close recently. The Clink copy more than doubled that high. There is another ow/w 107 copy ending tonight but I don't believe it'll get near the white pager. Just terrible timing to have 2 of the same issue same grade same auction. 

11 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

Just off the top of my head here...

ASM 107 9.8 never reached 1k other than one auction got close recently. The Clink copy more than doubled that high. There is another ow/w 107 copy ending tonight but I don't believe it'll get near the white pager. Just terrible timing to have 2 of the same issue same grade same auction. 

Wowee.  I got $380 on the Link for this copy 11 months ago.

00044392398000111165527007.jpg