• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Marvel Picture Frame books
22 22

4,786 posts in this topic

From the department of useless and/or trivial facts:

- By most counts, there are 388 Picture Frame Marvels.

- There are 24 Picture Frame books that don’t have a single graded copy in 9.0 or better.

- There are 34 Picture Frame books that only have 1 graded copy in 9.0 or better.

- Books with no 9.0 or better copies:

Chili 18, 19, 20

Kid Colt Outlaw 157

Li’l Kids 4, 5, 6

Mighty Marvel Western 21

Millie the Model 194, 195, 196, 197, 198

My Love 20

Our Love Story 20

Rawhide Kid 105

Ringo Kid 16, 17

Two-Gun Kid 102, 103, 105, 106

Western Kid 2, 3

- Books with one 9.0 or better copies:

Harvey 3, 5, 6

Kid Colt Outlaw 164

Li’l Kids 9

Li’l Pals 1, 2

Marvel’s Greatest Comics 39

Marvel Super-Heroes 32

Marvel Tales 34, 40

Marvel Triple Action 6

Mighty Marvel Western 17, 20

Millie The Model 199

My Love 16, 18, 19

Our Love Story 14, 17, 19

Outlaw Kid 9

Rawhide Kid 94, 97, 102, 103

Ringo Kid 13, 14, 15

Special Marvel Edition 6

Two-Gun Kid 101, 107

Western Gunfighters 8, 10

I’ve been trying to find all the books in 9.0 or better for the last few years. It looks like I’ve got a long road ahead of me. (And I’m enjoying the journey.)

There's actually a 9.9 copy of this ish in the census. I'd love to see a scan of it. Wonder if it's registered as nicely as this new addition to my collection?

A little high on the top, ain't it? :baiting:

This book has to have been a warehouse find, as I have a pile of HG copies and keep seeing it pop up everywhere, like Avengers 102. But even so, a CGC 9.9 is pretty crazy.

Overall registration is pretty good on this issue, and most of mine are close to perfect, like this:

107815.jpg.111bb83f40729187fe9ea56d420057d2.jpg

Great catch, GT! You're really hauling those babies in.

BTW, I got a fishing tale about your Western Gunfighters #9.

Several months back that book was up on Pedigree with a listed price of 75 clams.

So I immediately set the hook to register a "Sale Pending".

Time starts to drag as I'm waiting to hear from Pedigree to reel in the deal.

Troubled after a week's time I contact Doug to see what gives.

Doug replies that he checked his database and that a consignor's name wasn't listed, and so the seller may not have received the buy it now email.

Doug goes on to say that he'll try and track down the consignor but states it won't be easy.

Several weeks pass and I find myself waiting to hear from Doug, so I drop him another line.

Doug responds that no one ever contacted him about the bid and the guy who listed the book was probably unaware that the bid was made.

And because a name wasn't listed for the consignment, he says there's no way for him to find out who owned the book.

Well anyway -- that's my story. And, sad to say, it will be remembered as the "one that got away". :(

WG-11_9-4.jpg

Doug replies that he checked his database and that a consignor's name wasn't listed, and so the seller may not have received the buy it now email.

Doug goes on to say that he'll try and track down the consignor but states it won't be easy.

Several weeks pass and I find myself waiting to hear from Doug, so I drop him another line.

Doug responds that no one ever contacted him about the bid and the guy who listed the book was probably unaware that the bid was made.

And because a name wasn't listed for the consignment, he says there's no way for him to find out who owned the book.

WHAT? I'll say that again.. WHAT?

So people are allowed to list on Pedigree without ANY form of contact information whatsoever? Sounds like BS to me, but if not, then holy scam loophole for potential sellers looking to cause some trouble.

Either way.. WHAT?

Strange. What makes it even stranger is that I just picked it up on eBay for a whopping $45 plus shipping. I'd offer it to you, but I know you already have a 9.6 copy.

That would be a mighty fine gesture, GT. Thanks for the thought!

By the way, I think the 9.4 presents straighter and cleaner. It's nicer than the 9.6, IMHO.

You got a steal of a deal, my friend! (thumbs u