• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Marvel Picture Frame books
21 21

4,764 posts in this topic

Alright, Bones... you violated the cardinal rule. Yellow flag thrown and a 15-yard penalty invoked! :makepoint:

If you're gonna show off then show off your books in sequential order, dagnabit! You're making

my damn ODC head spin as I try and follow PF cover storyline.

Get with the program, new guy! lol

(BTW... awesome Suschas! That Hulk#153 is freaking i-n-c-r-e-d-i-b-l-e! (worship)

So you're the SOB that outbid me, uh? Damn guy you..! lol:grin: )

What else have you been hiding all this time, MC?

You might find this to be somewhat interesting...

Years ago I was a little anal retentive (I'm still that way, just don't tell anyone).

It wasn't a learned behavior, mind you, it's just the way that I was wired.

Anyway, I used to keep track of all my comic purchases by typing them up on 3X5 cards.

Pertinent information such as title, issue number, date purchased, price paid, place

purchased, etc. was painstaking typed, with one finger no less, onto these cards. The cards

were stored in a little wooden recipe box, which, if I remember correctly, belonged to my

mom at one time.

Some years later the box broke and I started taping these cards onto the back of the bags

that housed these great comic finds.

Well anyway, I recently ran across one of the cards and the book that it catalogued while

digging through that old collection from yesteryear. It was kinda neat to see the two of them

together again... Sure brought back a lot of fond memories.

idex-ASM-109.jpg

ASM-109.jpg

Okay, Doc... I've been staring at your books since their posting and I just notice that the Rosa

copy below is a Wyatt original. I'm a nut for these copies so if you ever wanna part with it, well,

you can ring me up. :shy:

Submariner55.jpg

Okay, Doc... I've been staring at your books since their posting and I just notice that the Rosa

copy below is a Wyatt original. I'm a nut for these copies so if you ever wanna part with it, well,

Educate me, what's a Wyatt original and how did you notice?

That's a very nice looking VF. From my recollections, grading standards were a bit looser in 1984. I guess you were well ahead of the curve.

Funny you should mention that.

Reading that grade notation again made my eyebrows rise. I then asked myself "what the

heck was I thinking"

Reflecting on years gone by I remember having a heck of a time apply OS grading criteria.

Basically I was doing it in a conservative vacuum, literally applying the definitions as-is

without help or interpretation.

From what I've learned up to this point (which isn't much) I would probably grade it as Near

Mint-. lol

Just back from CGC. As much as I want 9.6 or 9.4s, I'm finding it's really hard to even find 9.0s of some of these books.

The Chili #19 is the only graded copy. I'm sure I spent more on the slabbing fees than what the book is actually worth.

CombatKelly3.jpg

Chili19.jpg

MarvelTales33.jpg

Educate me, what's a Wyatt original and how did you notice?

"Wyatt original" refers to the original 1600 Rosa books submitted by Steve Wyatt to CGC

(pre-screened ≥ 9.4). These books were driven by Wyatt directly to CGC from Rosa's house.

Contrary to some beliefs, the Rosa collection was not manipulated before certification.

Not the 1600 that can be identified as being original Wyatt's, anyway.

How did I notice your book?

Ancient Chinese Secret. :gossip:

(The certification date precedes that of the collections' premier at the 2005 SDCC)

And a Heritage win. I still can't believe I paid what I paid for a My Love #19.

As an underbidder, I know what you paid. It's a one-of-a-kind copy, so why not? ;)

And congrats on the purchase.