• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Marvel Picture Frame books
22 22

4,777 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, picon3 said:

Bob,

Was curious what the length of time from starting the picture frame registry to the last entry before deciding to sell? I'm guessing many years in the making. :foryou:

Thanks,

Paul

About 18 years, Paul, if you count the start from the time I first had encapsulated and starting buying already slabbed examples.  Over 40 years if you count the start from the time I first bought books off the rack that later were encapsulated and became part of the collection, at least transiently even if none of them made the collection in its final and most advanced form.

Edited by namisgr

3 hours ago, namisgr said:

About 18 years, Paul, if you count the start from the time I first had encapsulated and starting buying already slabbed examples.  Over 40 years if you count the start from the time I first bought books off the rack that later were encapsulated and became part of the collection, at least transiently even if none of them made the collection in its final and most advanced form.

It's a mind blowing collection. 

Question.  Are the black picture frame annuals sought after by picture frame collectors?  It looks like those are the annuals for 1983, so tail end of the bronze age kind of thing.  Thor annual #11, Uncanny X-Men annual #7, Avengers annual #12, Captain America annual #7, etc.  These look to be about ten-ish years after some of the other picture frames.  Apologies if this has been asked before, but my search results ended up all over the place.  Pics shown for reference.  

capann7.JPG

uxmann7.JPG

Interesting that you mention these, as I never even considered those Annuals to be “picture frame” covers even though the design is similar.  The actual picture frames that draw the attention of collectors are Marvels cover dated Nov ‘71 through Dec ‘72. Beginning with the Nov ‘71 issues the price of the comics went from 15 to 20 cents and Marvel instituted a standard cover design to give their books a more uniform look to coincide with the price increase.

On 6/12/2020 at 8:14 PM, Ghost Town said:

Two just back from CGC. The Rawhide Kid #105 was one the JS Comics Westerns they went on eBay last fall.

I sent the DD #81 along with it so Rawhide Kid wouldn't get lonely on the long trip. It was in an original label 9.6 and I was hoping for an upgrade. But hey, it got the new pedigree label. So that's something.

49999323978_30fdea82aa_h.jpg

49999844556_05fb94e57f_h.jpg

very nice.

On 6/3/2020 at 1:40 PM, namisgr said:

I notice most of your PFs have good wraps. Curious is that something you looked for when buying these at the time? Most of these PFs are just so chronically miswraped its crazy :frustrated:! The most wickedly miswraped comic book of all time might be ASM106!!!