• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Marvel Picture Frame books
21 21

4,764 posts in this topic

It's great seeing the complete runs posted together.  (thumbsu

Here's the last of mine being auctioned this month.  The copies of #116 and #117 were posted earlier with other November and December 1971 issues.  It includes examples from the Twin Cities, Suscha News, Oakland, and Bowling Green pedigree collections.

RAD4EFFA2020821_132857.jpg RAD370212020821_133035.jpg RAD6E35A2020821_13333.jpg

RADAEB992020821_133413.jpg RAD9BDF92020821_133523.jpg RAD4E96B2020821_133640.jpg

Edited by namisgr

@namisgr I'm just curious what you think of the quality of the following Peds compared to each other, since you've had examples of them in-hand... Oakland, Suscha, Twin Cities, Pacific Coast - and maybe Fantucchio.

I love the Fantucchios, Oaklands & Pac. Coasts, but I don't have any Twin Cities or Suschas. Fantucchios might be my fave bronze age pedigree (color, centering, paper quality).

25 minutes ago, HighVoltage said:

@namisgr I'm just curious what you think of the quality of the following Peds compared to each other, since you've had examples of them in-hand... Oakland, Suscha, Twin Cities, Pacific Coast - and maybe Fantucchio.

I love the Fantucchios, Oaklands & Pac. Coasts, but I don't have any Twin Cities or Suschas. Fantucchios might be my fave bronze age pedigree (color, centering, paper quality).

For early Bronze, they're all pretty nice.  But nothing tops the Suscha News pedigree for overall paper quality, structural preservation, and cover registration - they're almost all sensational examples, so much so that in a couple of cases I wound up keeping 9.6 Suscha News copies in my picture frame collection and selling 9.8 copies I'd intended to be upgrades (like the Conan #19 posted last week).  For paper quality of the early Bronze, I'd rank Twin Cities, Massachusetts, and Rocky Mountain copies above the other non-Suscha pedigrees, especially when it comes to the whiteness of the cover stock.

But they're all cool, including not just those you mentioned but the Winnipeg, Western Pennsylvania, and Don Rosa copies as well.

I'd be interested in the take that Barton and other contributors here have to your question, knowing that they've seen a lot of Bronze pedigree copies.

Edited by namisgr

1 minute ago, namisgr said:

For early Bronze, they're all pretty nice.  But nothing tops the Suscha News pedigree for overall paper quality, structural preservation, and cover registration - they're almost all sensational examples, so much so that in a couple of cases I wound up keeping 9.6 Suscha News copies in my picture frame collection and selling 9.8 copies I'd intended to be upgrades.  For paper quality, I'd rank Twin Cities, Massachusetts, and Rocky Mountain copies above the other pedigrees, especially when it comes to the whiteness of the cover stock.

But they're all cool, including not just those you mentioned but the Winnipeg and Don Rosa copies as well.

Thank you, Bob!

I'll pay more attention to Suschas moving forward. Mass. as well.

I have a few Winnies and Rocky Mntns and quite a few Rosas (slabbed & raw).

On 9/8/2020 at 8:16 PM, Ghost Town said:

More hideous books, Bob. I absolutely won't be bidding on any of those. I can't see why anybody would.

Really.

No, really.

Well SOMEONE sure is bidding on the FF 120 😳

2 minutes ago, Ghost Town said:

Wasn't me. A tracking bid would have been $1000 plus by the time I got there.

Gawd, I wish ComicLink had a tracking feature.

I wish they did as well

On 9/3/2020 at 5:41 PM, namisgr said:

So this morning I got an offer on the book to buy it pre-auction for the amount that the last one sold for.  Given that the last one had c/ow pages and mine has white pages and appears to be nicer than the assigned grade, I turned it down.

I, too, now think it will top the record price for the issue.

$6100 with 11 days to go, it's on. :wishluck:

4 hours ago, Ghost Town said:

4 hours ago, djpinkpanther67 said:

I wish they did as well

Don't you think that is a conscious choice by CL to encourage bidding?  That has always been my thought.  I put tracking bids in early and track in comictrack.

Or CL just doesn't want/need to overhaul and pay the cost,  They get good hammer prices but I do wonder if they had a watch, someone who hasn't entered a marker bid early, may bid late from their watch list.

6 hours ago, Ghost Town said:

As a small consolation, my consignment books can all be tracked from the links in the sales thread I created in the "E-Bay Sales Advertising" subforum.  It won't help with any of the rest of the auction or any of their other auctions, of course.

Edited by namisgr