• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2010

425 posts in this topic

I'll probably find a room outside the downtown circle. Hows public transit over there? (Also, any recommendations?)

The trolley helps getting around. I'm 30 min. outside of downtown. I like to park at Qualcomm and ride the trolley in.

Be sure to check out Extraordinary Desserts on 5th Ave. :luhv: (thumbs u It's a great place to satisfy your sugar fix.

What is the reason for the tickets without preview night? Is it:

1) They will be lowering the number of people coming in for preview night because it is too freakin' crowded?

or

2) They want to sell more 4-day tickets this year, but do not want to keep the number of people on preview night about the same as in the past?

Am I the only one who thinks their getting a little crazy with ticket prices? Of course im going but wow.....

$20 a day with all the incredible panels, freebies and volume of available stuff and artists makes it one heck of a bargain to me.

For example, I am paying $45 for a 3-day pass to the inaugural Long Beach Con. I have no idea how good it will be. I do know that none of the panels struck me as interesting as most of the San Diego ones (I refuse to wait in line for them, but my wife has gone to several).

If you go for Wednesday to Sunday, you are paying $250-$1,000 for rooms, a fair amount for transportation (for you fliers out there, more than a fair amount) and if you eat in restaurants each day, $20-$100 a day or more for food. The $100 cost of the convention barely makes a dent in the balance sheet.

While I would prefer to pay less, I think the value is outstanding. Paying $10 for a crappy local show makes me feel ripped off.

Amazing. It's early October, and preview night in late July is sold out.

If you have a 4-day pass without preview night, you can't even pick up your pass until 8:30 Thursday morning. Imagine how long that line is going to be.