• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,840 posts in this topic

Just now, DarkPhantom13 said:

Haha yea i see what you mean. I'm just honestly surprised he didn't just say "Oh how much? $5? Sure here is your $5" *walks away as fast as possible*

Is there anything i should look out for specifically on this issue? I've never though i would even have a chance to get a ASM 129 so i have no idea what to look for. $300 is a good chunk of money for me so i want to also make sure the comic is legit and i dont get screwed over. If anybody has any pointers i would greatly appreciate it. 

I meant your attitude toward the guy who let him know then offered $250 .... take that with a grain of salt. He did the hard part ANd made the owner aware, the owner was wise enough to then look it up (which he should have done in the first place, since obviously he knew how) having said all that and you talking the guy down, I wouldn't feel the least bit guilty for snagging for $300 :foryou:

On ‎20‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 3:39 AM, Shawnismaximus said:

If you don't mind me asking what did you pay for those? I'm assuming the person selling them practically gave them away because they are all coverless? Pretty cool score. 

No those ARE the covers.

$50USD inc medal

8 minutes ago, DarkPhantom13 said:

Haha yea i see what you mean. I'm just honestly surprised he didn't just say "Oh how much? $5? Sure here is your $5" *walks away as fast as possible*

Is there anything i should look out for specifically on this issue? I've never though i would even have a chance to get a ASM 129 so i have no idea what to look for. $300 is a good chunk of money for me so i want to also make sure the comic is legit and i dont get screwed over. If anybody has any pointers i would greatly appreciate it. 

I think I see a big corner crease, bottom left on the FC. It's possible it's on the bag ? Point it out to the seller and argue it's 7.0 FN/VF at best. Nice book, hope you get it !  

It seems to be all happening today on this thread - best thread on the site.

Todays market trip yielded some weird and wonderful stuff (if you like them!)

35 Bronze horror books

Assorted Star wars books (with posters etc) + 4 book box set

2 x Arsenal membership boxes (what the heck they were doing in an Australian Market, I have no idea......)

Aussie horror book

Assorted marvels (inc poor Ms Marvel #16)

Invincible hardcover Ultimate Collections 3 + 4

35 x Life magazines mostly from 1960's (I got them to read - not worth much here)

Total $60 USD

P1130009.thumb.JPG.9075c1fbef4a8ea70be83a89d979665a.JPG

2 minutes ago, SteppinRazor said:

Wish I had anticpated Wizards being worth anything.  Hopefully my throwing them out slightly increased the rarity of them :bigsmile:

Haha. Same. I threw a lot out but I’m gradually picking them up again. Interesting perspective in hindsight..... I just completed my Wizard Prism and Chromium card sets recently ^^

2 hours ago, DarkPhantom13 said:

I was literally mind blown this morning at the swapmeet. One of the comic book hunter/resellers that constants the swapmeet i go to happened to come across an Amazing Spider-Man #129 from one of the regular vendors at the swapmeet. The guy was asking $5-$10 per comic and the #129 happened to be tucked away behind a regular old Wolverine comic. And this is the part that blows my mind cause i never would have expected this to happen especially from this guy. He pulls out the comic, realizes what it was....and tells the vendor "I dont wanna screw you over so im gonna tell you straight up that this comic is worth like $400, i will give you $250 for it." My mind was blown especially knowing who this guy was that he would even tell the vendor how much that comic was worth. The vendor then looked up the comic and then quickly changed his mind about the $5 per comic lol. The vendor ended up wanting $400 for the comic so the original hunter/reseller that found the comic didn't even end up buying it. I offered the vendor $300 for it but the lowest i could get him to go on it was $350 but i have a strong feeling he would take $300 for it if i showed up with the cash in hand. I told him if he did not sell it by tomorrow if he would take $300 but he said he would talk to me about it tomorrow. 

I was just so mind blown by this whole situation especially knowing that the guy who found the comic is kinda of a scummy reseller or at least i thought he was. Actually made me change my outlook on the guy. But here's a picture of the Amazing Spider-Man #129. Judging by the condition do you guys think it's worth pursuing for $300? 

IMAG0047.jpg

Golden West College?

11 hours ago, DarkPhantom13 said:

Open it up and thoroughly inspect every page.  I have a copy of this book that's missing four pages of the story (where Spidey and the Punisher first meet).

12 hours ago, tv horror said:

To the collector who wants to buy the Spider-man 129 I think the re-seller and vendor were in league to split the take, especially since you mentioned that he knew you, offer him $200 waving it in his face. This smells fishier than Aqua-man, good luck. 

That's the first thing that came to mind when I was reading this too 

13 hours ago, tv horror said:

To the collector who wants to buy the Spider-man 129 I think the re-seller and vendor were in league to split the take, especially since you mentioned that he knew you, offer him $200 waving it in his face. This smells fishier than Aqua-man, good luck. 

They must be really bad at it then. The asking price is in the range of a graded 3.5. It looks a lot better than a 3.5.

29 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

nope-- first marvel value stamp in a Spider-man comic was issue 130

Source

Ya I wasn't sure and doubted, but thought I should mention just in case Thanks for the correction :) part of me thought that since IH 180 had one and it & ASM 129 both came out in 1974..... that there would be one ??? 

Anyway thanks for updating me!

Yesterday I got a text from a friend, asked me if I like reading comics still? I replied back by text “Yes, I still do”. Then he told me in reply that he was cleaning out his rental storage and he has a huge tote box full of Archie digests and some comic books there. He gave them to me free.  I took them to my home today. 

All are good readers, many low grade and some mid grade. Nothing major keys. They are just digests. Over 450 digests! But hey, they are free ... some dates back to mid-1970s. Bring up good memories seeing the classic old digests.