• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,840 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Fan Boy said:

Yesterday I got a text from a friend, asked me if I like reading comics still? I replied back by text “Yes, I still do”. Then he told me in reply that he was cleaning out his rental storage and he has a huge tote box full of Archie digests and some comic books there. He gave them to me free.  I took them to my home today. 

All are good readers, many low grade and some mid grade. Nothing major keys. They are just digests. Over 450 digests! But hey, they are free ... some dates back to mid-1970s. Bring up good memories seeing the classic old digests. 

Good haul!  I've been hoping to stumble across a box like that to give away for Halloween, but locally people are trying to sell bulk Archies at just under a dollar apiece.

On 1/28/2018 at 1:57 PM, ygogolak said:
On 1/28/2018 at 12:13 AM, tv horror said:

To the collector who wants to buy the Spider-man 129 I think the re-seller and vendor were in league to split the take, especially since you mentioned that he knew you, offer him $200 waving it in his face. This smells fishier than Aqua-man, good luck. 

They must be really bad at it then. The asking price is in the range of a graded 3.5. It looks a lot better than a 3.5.

Yup. I would buy ASM #129s like that at the seller's price all day long.

Edited by Dick Pontoon

4 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I got these for free on Friday. A co-worker dumped this tub of books at my desk in the afternoon. Someone told him I collect comics. He said they were left in a house he just bought and was going to throw them away. I had no time to look at them because I was getting ready for Terry O'Neil's show but took a quick look. Nothing earth shaking but about 250 SA and BA books in decent condition. Second photo is a few of the better shape ones. I will be taking him in some cash today!

comicbooktubload1.jpg

comicbooktubload2.jpg

This thread never ever EVER fails to deliver!

What a great gift/find! (thumbsu

4 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I got these for free on Friday. A co-worker dumped this tub of books at my desk in the afternoon. Someone told him I collect comics. He said they were left in a house he just bought and was going to throw them away. I had no time to look at them because I was getting ready for Terry O'Neil's show but took a quick look. Nothing earth shaking but about 250 SA and BA books in decent condition. Second photo is a few of the better shape ones. I will be taking him in some cash today!

comicbooktubload1.jpg

comicbooktubload2.jpg

That is luck beyond luck. Congrats. 

15 minutes ago, jaeldubyoo said:

Can't beat free. Unless somebody pays you to take away the comics.

I did give him some money today. Not enough to tip him off that they were worth anything but felt it was the right thing to do. He was thrilled! Very glad he didn't pitch them.

6 hours ago, Robot Man said:

comicbooktubload1.jpg

comicbooktubload2.jpg

Looks like typical silver age drek ;) 

7 hours ago, Robot Man said:

comicbooktubload1.jpg

comicbooktubload2.jpg

And here I am  looking for a Weird War 1 

Should be picking up a nice collection of Walt Disney Comics & Stories (80-230 with gaps, 70 books), Four Color (100 books ranging from 200 to 400 mostly), and other cartoon character books. How hard is this stuff to sell? Anyone have any experience with these? 

Edited by rsouxlja7

6 hours ago, rsouxlja7 said:

Should be picking up a nice collection of Walt Disney Comics & Stories (80-230 with gaps, 70 books), Four Color (100 books ranging from 200 to 400 mostly), and other cartoon character books. How hard is this stuff to sell? Anyone have any experience with these? 

Try us on boards here. You will get your answer quick with our :takeit:  

Some of us are Duck fans, some others depending what are in these books. 

7 hours ago, rsouxlja7 said:

There seem to be quite a few four color collectors on the boards. Decent shape Disneys go OK if priced reasonable. Give a board sale a whirl.