• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
60 60

15,840 posts in this topic

On 1/30/2018 at 8:14 PM, Shadow Images said:

Market crash. :devil:

OK, please understand (and I expect you probably do) that any 30 cent marvel #1 from the mid 70s, particularly a kirby book, was printed in large numbers. this is not a sudden surprise. black panther 1 was no exception. copies of #1 have been sitting around a long time because, until now, it never got particularly hot. seriously, I bought a bunch of them (admittedly, not high grade copies) out of Joe Koch's NYCC $3 boxes about 5 or 6 years ago. thankfully the demand is there for that book right now and another 50 or 75 copies popping up isn't going to change the market.

1 hour ago, the blob said:

I can't wait for the weather to get better and for me to be disappointed wading through boxes of otherwise overpriced garage sale and flea market books hoping to find the gem.

That disappointment is needed to round out my weekends!

3 hours ago, the blob said:

I can't wait for the weather to get better and for me to be disappointed wading through boxes of otherwise overpriced garage sale and flea market books hoping to find the gem.

Weather has been great out on the west coast but good weather or not, still mostly drek. I do find the occasional score and that is why I keep doing it. My buddy found two EC Weird Science issues last week in a pile of Life Magazines for a buck apiece and gave them to me  :luhv:

9 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Weather has been great out on the west coast but good weather or not, still mostly drek. I do find the occasional score and that is why I keep doing it. My buddy found two EC Weird Science issues last week in a pile of Life Magazines for a buck apiece and gave them to me  :luhv:

You have really good friends

Popped in to a Goodwill while waiting for dinner (for clarity, I did not get dinner from Goodwill). They had a box of comics, which is unusual for me to see there. Here's what I picked out. I censored the last image. It was a random mix of modern books with a few of these older ones in the back.

YardSale-2018-02-02a.thumb.jpg.9e947298f38386afed861584006f3c8a.jpg

YardSale-2018-02-02b.thumb.jpg.a96132145c92eacad626e33c5b10d8b8.jpg

YardSale-2018-02-02c.thumb.jpg.03a734fd18d8aeb97aa9482ea3840821.jpg

On 2/1/2018 at 5:14 PM, rsouxlja7 said:

Should be picking up a nice collection of Walt Disney Comics & Stories (80-230 with gaps, 70 books), Four Color (100 books ranging from 200 to 400 mostly), and other cartoon character books. How hard is this stuff to sell? Anyone have any experience with these? 

They will all sell, but NOWHERE near "Guide" prices, especially the WDCSs.

This is my first zombie well anything really I think....anyway, it appears to be daken and a 1/10 with a Greg land cover. Anyway, thought I'd post. :)

20180203_175716.jpg

Dealing with "informed" sellers can be very frustrating. A woman contacted me and said she has 30 longboxes that were left behind in a house she bought. She plugged 80 books randomly into comicspriceguide.com and they are all automatically logged at 9.4 grade or something. The value on the 80 books is a whopping $7000 because things like FF18 in 9.4 are valued on the site as $1800. I think I talked some sense into her but still hoping negotiations go well tomorrow. Waking up at 6 AM for a 5 hour drive. 

10 hours ago, srezvan said:

Popped in to a Goodwill while waiting for dinner (for clarity, I did not get dinner from Goodwill). They had a box of comics, which is unusual for me to see there. Here's what I picked out. I censored the last image. It was a random mix of modern books with a few of these older ones in the back.

YardSale-2018-02-02a.thumb.jpg.9e947298f38386afed861584006f3c8a.jpg

YardSale-2018-02-02b.thumb.jpg.a96132145c92eacad626e33c5b10d8b8.jpg

YardSale-2018-02-02c.thumb.jpg.03a734fd18d8aeb97aa9482ea3840821.jpg

can you get those goodwill price stickers off?

1 hour ago, rsouxlja7 said:

Dealing with "informed" sellers can be very frustrating. A woman contacted me and said she has 30 longboxes that were left behind in a house she bought. She plugged 80 books randomly into comicspriceguide.com and they are all automatically logged at 9.4 grade or something. The value on the 80 books is a whopping $7000 because things like FF18 in 9.4 are valued on the site as $1800. I think I talked some sense into her but still hoping negotiations go well tomorrow. Waking up at 6 AM for a 5 hour drive. 

Wow, good luck!!  I've never travelled half that distance for a collection, hopefully you can at least walk away with something to make it worth your time.

1 hour ago, rsouxlja7 said:

You might want to bring some slabbed books that show the range of defects as a visual aid (and professionally graded at that) might help her get the whole system a little faster. maybe a 2.0, 3.5, 5.0, 7.0, and something in 9 range