• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
60 60

15,838 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Ovrclck said:
29 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Is a DC "Checking Copy" the same as a Marvel "Pay Copy"? 

Not sure but I found this post explaining what a "Checking Copy" is. Pretty cool!

Good info.  Thanks. 

23 minutes ago, Ovrclck said:

Not sure but I found this post explaining what a "Checking Copy" is. Pretty cool!

Just made me more curious as to what a "checking copy" is, Worth?? (shrug) lol

Edited by nepatkm

15 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

Love the orange on the Rachel Rising 1.  

Patrick

I agree I like it better than green. I originally thought it was the 3rd print, until I got home and noticed the "Halloween Fest" adorning the bottom.

4 hours ago, rsouxlja7 said:

Learned two very important lessons today: don't place values on books individually and don't deal with families who jointly own an inherited collection. 

A woman contacts me and tells me she has over 50 boxes she inherited from her brother who was 40 when he died in 2000. The books were passed down to her and her two siblings. The sister I spoke to said they'd had them ever since and were ready to sell. I rented a van and drove 2 hours to meet them today and it was a cluster **** from the get go. I arrive and its two sisters and one husband. They show me the shed the books are stored in and mention they have a "special box" that they think has their best stuff. It was put aside by the original owner. I want to look at that first of course and one of the sisters balked. They let me view it anyway. On top is a Hulk 181, around a 4.0. I tell them its value, showed them eBay sold listings, and offered them 80% of that because I was willing to pay more to establish a trust. This was mistake #1. The 181 was immediately snatched up by one sister and they kept hemming and hawing about how they can't sell it without the third sibling's input who isn't there and all this other BS. 

I viewed around 25 boxes and most of the books were damaged from not being bagged/boarded and being stored improperly. This took around 2 hours and the whole time they are debating selling the 181 to me. I fill a longbox with good stuff and they debate on how they are going to sell it and one sister wants to go one by one on eBay. I explain that I don't have time for that, especially if I am going to continue buying books. One of the sisters gets mad and leaves. Her husband is on my side and wants to sell the books, including the 181, to me. Everyone around me is arguing. Eventually I got fed up, they accepted my offer for the longbox, and I left. Still ended up with these:

28537547_10211309610555389_206918911_n.jpg.205f4cf1cd6a900d345ba702ef798c40.jpg

you got great stuff!! sorry  they were annoying!

i have been there before but i have never gotten anything good: just 90s stuff & a headache!